Hacking [In-Progress] Fate/Extra CCC Translation Project

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
macaronron you're welcome to join the team. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send an invite for the Google Spreadsheet. And if you register at the project forums, I'll get you moved into the team user group over there so that you can access the private team forum.

Anyway, I've got to finish dumping all of the script and from what I can tell the script is not ordered by appearance in the game (for example, the very first script shown in the game is from field_map_071). And the script files all have text that seemingly have no pointers, but the way the script files have the pointers setup (scattered throughout the file and pointers that lead to stuff that isn't text). My assumption is that these text strings are not used in the game and were just left there by the developer. In which case I can just remove them from the files and make more room for the text that does get used. But what I'm worried about is that these text strings may use some slightly different format for calculation. Then, I wouldn't want to remove them. I'm not sure where they appear in the game, so I can't really put a breakpoint on one and debug it. Which basically means it's taking me a little longer because I'm trying to be safe and not dump all of the script files and then later find out that the text I mentioned before was indeed being used by the game. Also, every script files has a good amount of general text like location names, character names. Some of these very clearly have pointers and again, some don't. Luckily, the general text in there appears to be the same repeated through all of the script files.

Script re-insertion will be a whole other thing. I did have it working, but there were certain limitation in that 1) problems arose when a text string became too large and the space available was not enough and 2) the tool took forever to update the pointers (because of how they are scattered). So I'm going to be redoing that part to hopefully make it faster and make it properly relocate text to empty space when it is too large. I'm hoping that soon, I'll have some help with the programming from a friend of mine and that will help speed things up on that side of things.

And as I mentioned before, I've ran into a problem where the game crashes if the file with the text for the Servant selection screen becomes larger. Which means that I also have to find the time to sit down, breakpoint where the game is loading the file, and see if I can maybe increase the limit for the file size. Because I highly doubt that only one file has this, there are probably a lot more.

And also, the character name issue (in that it uses full-width English and doesn't play nice with half-width and is limited to 8 bytes for each name). Lots and lots and lots of work to do. :wacko:

Mikerabis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I believe that Capella's translation is a excellent start, it is a way to join Gilgamesh's dialogues and SGs, some unique Sakura's dialogues only in CCC Route with CCC Ending.
What will only need to be done about Gil after that, is his Ending. (2 Routes in one gameplay). i already played too in all the routes and i hope this project goes well. Good Luck guys!! (It would be pretty cool to see what FSN-Rin, Kotomine and Twice are doing in they Bonus Boss Battle ;) )

JCAP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just created this account to say this:

- YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! Thank you so much!!! Best of luck and good fortune :bow:

I'm playing Fate/Extra and I'm loving it. But playing with Gilgamesh is a dream come true! I know this is no easy task or a fast one, but I can't hold myself and I have to say this: PLEASE MAKE THIS ASAP!!!! :nds:

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick update. Both omarrrio and I have been working on getting half-width English working with the character naming screen. We've made some pretty good progress, but it still needs some more work. I'm not sure how long it'll take to get it fixed 100% but we'll keep working at it until we get it.

CrymynaL

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Keep up the good work! <3

I'll wait anxiously for you guys to Finish the Project!
I can't wait, but I need to be Tough!

As I don't know modifying games or anything else..
I cheer you up with passion!

MazuFFXI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Registered just to add some voice to those lurking in the forums:

I'm a huge fan of Fate/extra and absolutely love the Fate/x series. Fate/extra was an awesome story and experience, and for that reason I'm really looking forward to playing CCC. You guys are making that happen. A lot of people, myself included, are simply happy you're making the attempt.

Thank you so much for what you guys are doing, it's awesome.

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to post a quick update. I'm still tweaking the naming screen, there are still a few bugs that need to be fixed. But, the overall progress on the improvement of that game screen is huge. Here is a screenshot that I posted on the project forums a couple of days ago:
NPJH50505_00000.png

Currently, I am working on fixing the cursor positioning. I have this about 50% fixed. It screws up after inputting the first character in the Last name, the cursor jumps to the far right side of the screen. I've already figured out why it's doing this, I'm just working on the actual fix. Also, by default the game deletes 2-bytes of data when the player presses the Delete button. I know how to fix this to make it only delete 1-byte (1 English character), but doing so breaks the rest of the game, because it's a loop that other parts of the game use. Don't worry though, omarrrio and I are still going to work on this and I'm sure we'll find a solution.

I'm also intending on increasing the maximum character limit per name to 10 (from 8 which is what it's at now), because 10 will allow those pesky longer English names to be used (and there is enough room available in the memory where the name is stored, so why not?).

I'm aware that the letter alignment with the keypad buttons is not perfect. I do intend on seeing about getting that perfectly centered, but for the moment it is purely cosmetic and thus is lower on my list of priorities. And I also plan on looking at removing the Japanese tabs and then bumping the ABC tab to the top.

On the translation side of things, the translators have been working quite diligently and are making good progress.

I know that from the outside looking in, things seem to take forever but this stuff really can take a lot of time to get just right. I'll keep you guys posted on updates when they become available.

JCAP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's good.

Can you give an estimate of when it will be completed? I know this is a difficult question so just give a fair estimate like "between January-June 2015".

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's good.

Can you give an estimate of when it will be completed? I know this is a difficult question so just give a fair estimate like "between January-June 2015".

No, I can't. But there will be patch releases before 100% completion.

Reactions: Hargrun

PMussulo

Trophies
XP
Country
I have close to zero japanese knowledge but I'd be willing to give you guys a hand on spell checking and such, if you're interested of course.

kevmaster25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I just made this account to thank you for your work. I've been waiting for this game for a llong time now and happy to see that someone has finally picked up the project. Once again thanks!

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NPJH50505_00001.png

Here is an updated screenshot. You'll notice that the text on the keypads is now perfectly aligned. I ended up having to re-route the font width instructions, so that I could add in some new instructions and get this fixed without messing up the text in the rest of the game. Also, the cursor problem that I mentioned in my last post is now fixed. And deletion is now working perfectly.

Besides increasing the maximum character limit to 10 (which should be pretty easy to do, unless something unforeseen happens), the only stuff left to do on the naming screen is purely cosmetic.

The cursor width, the dotted lines below the names, and removal of the Japanese tabs on the left side are all things that I do plan on working on. But for the time being, it'll be put aside so that I can focus on other parts of the game that are more urgent.

And let me just say, I am so sick of looking at the naming screen. I'll be glad to work on something else. :lol:

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And let me just say, I am so sick of looking at the naming screen. I'll be glad to work on something else. :lol:
The tedium that is programming; so much trial-and-errors involved that you'd be stuck on staring the same screen until you practically memorized every inch of it. :rofl2:

Dunno if that cry laughing emote is either laughing for the hell of it or laughing hysterically... :tpi:

NamelessAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*O* word can not explain the happiness I feel right now I wish the best of luck on the project and Hope to play this English rework :D

kratoscar2008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to post a quick update. I'm still tweaking the naming screen, there are still a few bugs that need to be fixed. But, the overall progress on the improvement of that game screen is huge. Here is a screenshot that I posted on the project forums a couple of days ago:
View attachment 8288

Currently, I am working on fixing the cursor positioning. I have this about 50% fixed. It screws up after inputting the first character in the Last name, the cursor jumps to the far right side of the screen. I've already figured out why it's doing this, I'm just working on the actual fix. Also, by default the game deletes 2-bytes of data when the player presses the Delete button. I know how to fix this to make it only delete 1-byte (1 English character), but doing so breaks the rest of the game, because it's a loop that other parts of the game use. Don't worry though, omarrrio and I are still going to work on this and I'm sure we'll find a solution.

I'm also intending on increasing the maximum character limit per name to 10 (from 8 which is what it's at now), because 10 will allow those pesky longer English names to be used (and there is enough room available in the memory where the name is stored, so why not?).

I'm aware that the letter alignment with the keypad buttons is not perfect. I do intend on seeing about getting that perfectly centered, but for the moment it is purely cosmetic and thus is lower on my list of priorities. And I also plan on looking at removing the Japanese tabs and then bumping the ABC tab to the top.

On the translation side of things, the translators have been working quite diligently and are making good progress.

I know that from the outside looking in, things seem to take forever but this stuff really can take a lot of time to get just right. I'll keep you guys posted on updates when they become available.

First thanks for taking up this game, and second thanks for keeping the naming MC option because its a feature i really enjoy and it saddens me when people ditch it on translations (Like Langrisser 4 and Growlanser 2&3 did) for whatever reasons.

You people are great.

GradationAir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I salute you for tackling one of the most colossal project in the game translation scene. My Japanese may not be good enough to translate TYPE-MOON works, but you can contact me if you need any information on TYPE-MOON and its terminologies, since I'm familiar with the setting, having read all their works and their databooks in the Original language as well as other languages.

I can read some Japanese but not very confident about making accurate translations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!