Homebrew Question Improving speed / fps on Yuzu

Goemonz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got that Yuzu Switch emulator running for my son on my old workstation laptop. He wanted to try Mario Odyssey.

It kinda runs using the laptops Quadro K5000m and a 3.8ghz I7 but, oddly, it can't handle the cut scenes and suffers random frame rate drops. I say random because they don't happen at times of intense action. Just... randomly... One minute it's 47fps and then, without anything changing, it drops to 22fps for a few seconds.

I know the obvious answer is to use a better GPU but, until then, what can I do in terms of settings to make it more consistent?

I can't see any resolution settings in the menus or in the INI. Can this emulator render at lower resolutions to improve performance on older hardware?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got that Yuzu Switch emulator running for my son on my old workstation laptop. He wanted to try Mario Odyssey.

It kinda runs using the laptops Quadro K5000m and a 3.8ghz I7 but, oddly, it can't handle the cut scenes and suffers random frame rate drops. I say random because they don't happen at times of intense action. Just... randomly... One minute it's 47fps and then, without anything changing, it drops to 22fps for a few seconds.

I know the obvious answer is to use a better GPU but, until then, what can I do in terms of settings to make it more consistent?

I can't see any resolution settings in the menus or in the INI. Can this emulator render at lower resolutions to improve performance on older hardware?
I don't think there is much you can do to improve performance software-wise.

Kraken_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be plenty of settings to mess with under Emulation > Configure. You can't run at a resolution lower than native (720p) though.

Make sure that multicore is enabled under general settings and under video, set antistropic filtering to the lowest setting, and try both openGL and Vulkin renderers.

Last edited by Kraken_X,
Reactions: Roshy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021