xboxinoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've just been reading that here in Australia the Wii Zapper, not released until mid-December will be priced at AU$49.99 with the Links game. Now although that seems quite a bargain compared to the cost of most new games here I understand that in the US it will be sold for US$20.

As US$20 converts to approximately AU$23 at the moment it would seem that even with some postage costs it would be cheaper, especially if you wanted 2 or more of these zappers to buy from the US and get them shipped over to Australia.

I would be able to get them probably before the Australian release date and yes, although the Links NTSC game may not be of much use to me on a PAL console, I don't think that matters too much.

Therefore can I just check, the zapper is just effectively a holder of the wiimote and nunchuk? The USA version will presumably work fine on a PAL console as it is effectively just a casing?

If someone can confirm this I'll be happy to be searching on ebay or looking for a US supplier (if anybody can recommend anyone?) in the next week or so.

hyperlisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hey!

Wii zapper is just a piece of plastic which holds wii remote & nun-chuck. It has absolutely nothing to do with regions. And to let you know, I imported 3 Wii remotes & nun-chucks from the USA and they all work just fine on my PAL console.

Greets

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of course a piece of plastic can't be region locked
Tough the included Zelda Cross Bow training disc probably won't work

Lyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
where can i but wii zapper?
a shop that accept paypal?

exscuse for my bad english
shy.gif

WarioIta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
why do you want a piece of plastic? I HATE wiizapper, for me is one of the worst thing that could happen to wii. It's a stupid wiimote case that cost 20$(and in italy you'll pay it about 30€). just wait a game that contains it in bundle(like RE:UC or medal of honors:heros 2, that I prefer).
PS
@lyon
non so dove lo trovi, comunque aspetta, magari su qualche sito tipo divineo c'è l'hanno.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
I heard that it's quite bad too.
However it's just a piece of plastic, so there won't be any region lock.
tongue.gif

@italiani:
Da Mediaworld ho visto che hanno un prodotto simile, ovviamente di terze parti.
Cmq che io sappia con RE:UC non lo danno in bundle, è in vendita solo con Zelda Crossbow Training a circa 30€.
sleep.gif

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why do you want a piece of plastic? I HATE wiizapper, for me is one of the worst thing that could happen to wii. It's a stupid wiimote case that cost 20$(and in italy you'll pay it about 30€). just wait a game that contains it in bundle(like RE:UC or medal of honors:heros 2, that I prefer).
PS
@lyon
non so dove lo trovi, comunque aspetta, magari su qualche sito tipo divineo c'è l'hanno.

it comes with zelda crossbow training i think 19.99 is a great price for this :-)

Lyon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I heard that it's quite bad too.
However it's just a piece of plastic, so there won't be any region lock.
tongue.gif

@italiani:
Da Mediaworld ho visto che hanno un prodotto simile, ovviamente di terze parti.
Cmq che io sappia con RE:UC non lo danno in bundle, è in vendita solo con Zelda Crossbow Training a circa 30€.
sleep.gif

i want the original
rofl2.gif

i wait zelda...

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm thinking about importing one too. Because of the falling dollar it is extremely cheap now. 20 dollars is only 13 euro. And if I wait a few more weeks it will be even cheaper.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the many reviews that I've read, Wii Zapper games are a lot better to play without the Wii Zapper. Including Link's Crossbow, which apparently though its fun it isn't really worth $20. At least in Japan theres Res Evil & Ghost Squad packs for Wii Zapper.

This will be £20-£25 over here which is an obscene amount to pay for a bit of plastic and a game thats essentially a pretty tech demo. They've should have packed in some more games like remakes of Duck Hunt, Gumshoe and Hogan's Alley.

Nintendo should give us a proper lightgun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1