Importing a US zapper

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by xboxinoz, Nov 17, 2007.

Nov 17, 2007

Importing a US zapper by xboxinoz at 10:08 AM (1,273 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. xboxinoz
    OP

Newcomer xboxinoz Advanced Member

Australia
    I've just been reading that here in Australia the Wii Zapper, not released until mid-December will be priced at AU$49.99 with the Links game. Now although that seems quite a bargain compared to the cost of most new games here I understand that in the US it will be sold for US$20.

As US$20 converts to approximately AU$23 at the moment it would seem that even with some postage costs it would be cheaper, especially if you wanted 2 or more of these zappers to buy from the US and get them shipped over to Australia.

I would be able to get them probably before the Australian release date and yes, although the Links NTSC game may not be of much use to me on a PAL console, I don't think that matters too much.

Therefore can I just check, the zapper is just effectively a holder of the wiimote and nunchuk? The USA version will presumably work fine on a PAL console as it is effectively just a casing?

If someone can confirm this I'll be happy to be searching on ebay or looking for a US supplier (if anybody can recommend anyone?) in the next week or so.

2. hyperlisk

Newcomer hyperlisk Newbie

Albania
    Hey!

Wii zapper is just a piece of plastic which holds wii remote & nun-chuck. It has absolutely nothing to do with regions. And to let you know, I imported 3 Wii remotes & nun-chucks from the USA and they all work just fine on my PAL console.

Greets

3. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    That's correct.

4. altijdwat

Newcomer altijdwat Member

Netherlands
    Comes out in Holland 7 December will cost €30,- omg thats 45$......

5. Hit

Member Hit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Of course a piece of plastic can't be region locked
    Tough the included Zelda Cross Bow training disc probably won't work

6. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Region locked piece of plastic

ROFL

7. Lyon

Newcomer Lyon Member

Italy
    where can i but wii zapper?
    a shop that accept paypal?

exscuse for my bad english [​IMG]

8. WarioIta

Newcomer WarioIta Member

Italy
    why do you want a piece of plastic? I HATE wiizapper, for me is one of the worst thing that could happen to wii. It's a stupid wiimote case that cost 20$(and in italy you'll pay it about 30€). just wait a game that contains it in bundle(like RE:UC or medal of honors:heros 2, that I prefer).
    PS
    @lyon
    non so dove lo trovi, comunque aspetta, magari su qualche sito tipo divineo c'è l'hanno.

9. DaRk_ViVi

Member DaRk_ViVi ...is everywhere!

Italy
    I heard that it's quite bad too.
    However it's just a piece of plastic, so there won't be any region lock. [​IMG]

@italiani:
    Da Mediaworld ho visto che hanno un prodotto simile, ovviamente di terze parti.
    Cmq che io sappia con RE:UC non lo danno in bundle, è in vendita solo con Zelda Crossbow Training a circa 30€. [​IMG]

10. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    it comes with zelda crossbow training i think 19.99 is a great price for this :-)

11. Lyon

Newcomer Lyon Member

Italy
    i want the original [​IMG]
    i wait zelda...

12. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Besides Link's Crossbow Training not working, shipping might not make it worthwhile importing.

13. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    I'm thinking about importing one too. Because of the falling dollar it is extremely cheap now. 20 dollars is only 13 euro. And if I wait a few more weeks it will be even cheaper.

14. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    From the many reviews that I've read, Wii Zapper games are a lot better to play without the Wii Zapper. Including Link's Crossbow, which apparently though its fun it isn't really worth $20. At least in Japan theres Res Evil & Ghost Squad packs for Wii Zapper.

This will be £20-£25 over here which is an obscene amount to pay for a bit of plastic and a game thats essentially a pretty tech demo. They've should have packed in some more games like remakes of Duck Hunt, Gumshoe and Hogan's Alley.

Nintendo should give us a proper lightgun.