Hacking ImgBurn Corrupted Discx

Ceahorse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I ve been having problems with my Burns using Imgburn.

Basically, I burned a ISO a few times onto several DVDs. I am able to play the game but it seems that sections of each DVD are currupt.. because while things are loading i get the Wii error message "Unable to read disk" if i remove the DVD and put in a different copy it continues on.

Im thinking it might be a problem with the Software or even perhaps my DVD Rom is going belly up. But before i invest in a new ROM.. i'd like to try everything i can

ANy suggestions.?

Also, My Wii is a JAP wii, but my burner is locked into REgion 1 . If i understand it correctly, this should have no effect being that REgion setting only really effects reading not writing.. (am i correct?)

Any help is most appreciated

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i just happend to have the exact same problem right now.
I'm re burning a game that im sure off that it should work (i burned it before and it worked) to see if its my wii or the burner.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
same problem here, tested it on two disc, always got the can't read disc error
frown.gif
all the old ones still work just fine - very odd.
I even reflashed my chip twice.
hate2.gif

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you feel imgburn is the problem, maybe check oldversion.com for an older version that you may have previously used.

I have the newest version, and when burning PSX games and verifying them, the verify always says the games are corrupt, but they work fine in the ps2. Not sure if the "corrupt" thing is normal or not?

I hope maybe the old version works better.

suppachipmunk

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the latest ImgBurn, burned the disc again, verified it on the PC where everything went fine, then I used a tool to test the disc on the Wii which failed around 1.2GB.
Then I burned the disc on an unused RW (I always use RWs
tongue.gif
) at 2.4x verfied it again on the Wii and it went through it without any error.
... odd

Ceahorse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Burned with Nero, Same problem. and one game was even worse.

Mind you both games are fairly new..

Mario super sluggers, (got worse [more errors])
Star wars force unleashed (seemed to be flawless so i burnt mario, while i was burning it ,, STFUnleashed errored)

sigh

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've faced some of these same errors with imgburn. For awhile I thought it was the medium i was using (I've yet to have trouble with Sony discs have had a bit of trouble with HP dvd-r). So I'm curious now is there a better program to use to burn wii games besides imgburn. I have quite a few other programs such as alcohol 120 and sonic digital media. (I believe it's based off of roxio). I also have a few nero install discs lying about from some old dvd burners. So I guess my question is should I use one of those instead of imgburn. Also I've yet to get a memorex dvd to read in the wii when burnt with imgburn. So I'm starting to think medium matters more than burning software.

PSXDupe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,

To be honest I would have thought it was media more so.

I use ImgBurn to discs. I can safely say I've burnt 1,000+ discs in the last couple of
months, all Verbatim, all at 16x, all verified and all 100% working.

I use the latest Imgburn and two Pioneer 215 burners.

I would say its either your media or your drive, or possible the speed your burning
at. CD Media these days need a good drive running the latest firmware.

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
verbatim DVD-R burnt at X4 speed
ive burnt over 30 working games with these before on image burn and i haven't touched the settings since.
I just redownloaded imgburn, lets see how that will bork

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now this may seem weird but loading my disc read error disc through geckos works fine. I was having troubles with TNA impact I thought it was the medium and hadn't re burnt it yet anyhow since I plan to update someday to the newest wii firmware I figured I'd install gecko-os and well somehow it gets past the disc read error screen and well i beleive it loads faster than through the disc channel. So if you have games that the wii will recognize and occasionally get an error in the middle of game play try gecko-os. It seems to work for me. And by the way I figured there would be a possibility I'd get dre's when i burnt this game but wasn't expecting it on SWTFU since i burnt it at 4x. Namely I burnt at 16x but somehow gecko-os fixed my dre's. So now I'm totally stumped at why when i load through the disc channel i occasionally get dre's with games. Is protection on some games I don't know about??

PSXDupe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys

Why are you burning at such slow speeds.

It has been shown that burning modern DVD media at the highest rated speed
with a decent burner works best. Therefore if you have DVD-R 8x you should
burn then at 8x, 16x burn at 16x.

I use Verbatim DVD+R / DVD-R 16x, I burn them at 16x and never have had
a problem on a Wii, never.

Burning at 4x is an "Old Wife's Tale" at this stage of the game.

Modern DVD media are made for speed and you get a better burn if you burn
it at it maximum speed (or close to it), not 4x

PSXDupe

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
tried gecko and i still have the same problem, the wii recognizes the disc but as soon as i launch the game i get a DRE.
I'll try burning at 16x just to rule out the possibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Who live with a pineapple shoved in his ass!