mynameis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are there any good image viewing applications that can be used on the R4 using the latest firmware, other than the obvious Moonshell and DSorganise

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell and DSO are good for basic image viewing, and the zooming and filtering tools in Moonshell are nice, but if you're viewing a comic book or another sequence of many images, you want to go for a tool that's specially designed to do so. CBDS gives you several benefits, including:
1. More zoom-in/zoom-out levels, progressive zooming
2. Easily switch between single- and dual-screen viewing (Moonshell requires reboot to change this)
3. Soft-filtering works in dual-screen mode and at all zoom levels
4. Screen rotation available
5. left-handed controls avaialable
6. Touchscreen controls for zoom and previous/next
7. Easy to organize a library of image collections
8. Thumbnail viewing

Besides, it's easier for me to copy a single file that contains all my image files than it is to manually copy over each individual image, at least with huge things like 10 years worth of a comic strip. All in all, CBDS is pretty sweet. It's a shame the creator had to remove online comic book viewing.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not too much trouble for me, since a part of me is still used to the GBA scene in which you had to use PC-side converters for EVERYTHING prior to flashing them on your cart. I've still got some *.gba compilations containing hundreds of images and a few compilations of text files on my hard drive.

I still think the benefits outweigh the inconvenience of having to pre-convert them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o