Hacking Im scared.

AjDeF3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, about 2 weeks back I ordered a transparent blue ds case mod. Got it, and it was white.. So I contacted DX and I think they are now sending me a blue one.

So in the meantime, I have been reading up, watching videos, and everything to try to learn how to do it, But not so sure I could..

So how hard really is it? Do you advise sending it to someone to do it for you? If so, who can I send it to?

Thanks Alot!

-Aj

Edit: Also, what do you think is the best guide to follow?

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is not hard but not for folks who don't take stuff like this apart everyday. The hardest part is in the ribbon cable to the top screen. If you are not careful you WILL damage the cable or the socket it fits into. Also if you don't have one you need a tri-wing screwdriver.
As far as sending it somewhere to have it done, I have no clue.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main problem is the screwdrivers, if you don't normally do stuff like this, make sure you have some place to get them! My "Shock!" blue case is still sitting around here unfinished because I don't have a proper screwdriver.

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
The main problem is the screwdrivers, if you don't normally do stuff like this, make sure you have some place to get them! My "Shock!" blue case is still sitting around here unfinished because I don't have a proper screwdriver.

Dealextreme has some for really cheap ons, But it probably would take Quite a while to reach you.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2905

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, I was in the same dilemma as you are, and I researched a lot!! And I really mean a lot..Spent few days just looking at how this things work, and what are the critical parts..
Learned to disassemble it by looking at the pictures, and then, I decided to go for it..
It isn't that hard, but there are some tricky parts you have to look at (removing the bottom shell and taking care of power/volume switches not to brake them, remember where do white and black cables go, be EXTRA careful with the ribbon cable for top screen, taking care of springs for shoulder buttons etc. - stuff like that)
And take yourself a LOT of time, do not get disturbed or leave with the job half done..
And be sure you have a three winged screwdriver, if you try to use some other screwdrivers, you'll destroy head of the screws, and mess things up.
In the end, it will be worth it..
Ask if you have some directional questions..

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not too difficult, just be careful, especially with the ribbon cable, the L & R triggers, and the power/volume sliders.

AjDeF3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, Ill take it slowly. Ill only do something if I know its right.. Expect some questions when I get my replacement! xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm