1. HomebrewMusicAddict

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    so i REALLY want to instqll cfw on my 2ds but im scared because:
    1. will nintendo help me if there's an issue after i install luma3ds?
    2. what happens if i brick? i don't have enough storage to store a nand backup :/
    thanks if u answer these, this is my first post in the 3ds section

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. fmkid

fmkid Just another GBATemp's random guy

Colombia
    1. Under warranty, NO: modify your console avoid it... But paying for that, I think that's just no matters to Nintendo
    2. Nowadays, obtain a brick just for hack you console is almost impossible, and if you have one there's affordable ways to recover from it. Then, don't be afraid... And about lack of space to storage a NAND copy, just try to get/use another SD card with more available memory space.

3. HomebrewMusicAddict

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    i don't reall y understand the first answer. could you say it again?

4. JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    your warranty will be void, but they'll still offer repairs with pricetag (and undo your mod in the process)

Scott_pilgrim, E1ite007 and fmkid like this.
  5. HomebrewMusicAddict

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    ohhhh ok ty

6. fmkid

Colombia
    Ok. I wanted to say that if your console actually is under warranty, then modify it avoids/cancels that warranty and Nintendo could not response for any kind of damage.

But if warranty is over and a kind of damage occurs, and you send your console to a technical autorized support for its revision and you pay for that, then it doesn't really matter that console is hacked or not.

PS: Sorry if my explanation is somewhat entangled, but english isn't my native language, and my english level is a little poor:shy:

7. HomebrewMusicAddict

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    its fine :) i just wanted to know; how do i know how long my warranty is? im not install cfw if i still have warranty left over.

8. fmkid

Colombia
    I believe that "under-warranty" time applies from the moment you buyed your console. IDK exactly what time it is (perharps between 1-2 years... it also depends from the store when you've buyed it).

I want also to add that Nintendo never, ever, provides any kind of support to CFW/homebrews/hacks/mods. That kind of support is only provided for the scene community (that is, us)

9. HomebrewMusicAddict

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    ohhh cos i got mine in 2017, (2ds xl)

10. Tri-Z

Tri-Z Tri z

United States
    The guide is very simple and is step by step. I’d say just hack it. Money that U won’t spend on games will be enough to replace the system n rare case something happens to it. But it’s pretty fool proof

11. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    You're just going to have to decide for yourself whether your fear overrides your desire then, aren't you? You can still have plenty of fun with your 3DS without hacking it - but then an unhacked 3DS isn't always going to work flawlessly either.

But if something goes wrong, fixing it will depend on your ability to describe your problem and to use whatever instructions you may get from the community.

12. RickFryMcFly

RickFryMcFly Member
    Newcomer

United States
    As long as you pay attention and follow the steps, you should be fine. You definitely want to do a nand back up though. Find some way and make the space.

also, I wouldn't worry too much about Nintendo's support because they're probably not going to support the 3DS much longer anyway so it's not going to matter.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - scared, setup,