HomebrewMusicAddict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so i REALLY want to instqll cfw on my 2ds but im scared because:
1. will nintendo help me if there's an issue after i install luma3ds?
2. what happens if i brick? i don't have enough storage to store a nand backup :/
thanks if u answer these, this is my first post in the 3ds section

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
2. what happens if i brick? i don't have enough storage to store a nand backup :/
  1. Under warranty, NO: modify your console avoid it... But paying for that, I think that's just no matters to Nintendo
  2. Nowadays, obtain a brick just for hack you console is almost impossible, and if you have one there's affordable ways to recover from it. Then, don't be afraid... And about lack of space to storage a NAND copy, just try to get/use another SD card with more available memory space.

HomebrewMusicAddict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  1. Under warranty, NO: modify your console avoid it... But paying for that, I think that's just no matters to Nintendo
  2. Nowadays, obtain a brick just for hack you console is almost impossible, and if you have one there's affordable ways to recover from it. Then, don't be afraid... And about lack of space to storage a NAND copy, just try to get/use another SD card with more available memory space.
i don't reall y understand the first answer. could you say it again?

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i don't reall y understand the first answer. could you say it again?
Ok. I wanted to say that if your console actually is under warranty, then modify it avoids/cancels that warranty and Nintendo could not response for any kind of damage.

But if warranty is over and a kind of damage occurs, and you send your console to a technical autorized support for its revision and you pay for that, then it doesn't really matter that console is hacked or not.

PS: Sorry if my explanation is somewhat entangled, but english isn't my native language, and my english level is a little poor:shy:

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I believe that "under-warranty" time applies from the moment you buyed your console. IDK exactly what time it is (perharps between 1-2 years... it also depends from the store when you've buyed it).

I want also to add that Nintendo never, ever, provides any kind of support to CFW/homebrews/hacks/mods. That kind of support is only provided for the scene community (that is, us)

HomebrewMusicAddict

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that "under-warranty" time applies from the moment you buyed your console. IDK exactly what time it is (perharps between 1-2 years... it also depends from the store when you've buyed it).

I want also to add that Nintendo never, ever, provides any kind of support to CFW/homebrews/hacks/mods. That kind of support is only provided for the scene community (that is, us)
ohhh cos i got mine in 2017, (2ds xl)

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide is very simple and is step by step. I’d say just hack it. Money that U won’t spend on games will be enough to replace the system n rare case something happens to it. But it’s pretty fool proof

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i REALLY want to instqll cfw on my 2ds but im scared
You're just going to have to decide for yourself whether your fear overrides your desire then, aren't you? You can still have plenty of fun with your 3DS without hacking it - but then an unhacked 3DS isn't always going to work flawlessly either.

But if something goes wrong, fixing it will depend on your ability to describe your problem and to use whatever instructions you may get from the community.

RickFryMcFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As long as you pay attention and follow the steps, you should be fine. You definitely want to do a nand back up though. Find some way and make the space.

also, I wouldn't worry too much about Nintendo's support because they're probably not going to support the 3DS much longer anyway so it's not going to matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night