im scared id my 3ds is broken!

luks_taberu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
basically i have a 3ds since 2023, but probably it is from 2012 since i bought used, a while ago, like march or other month, my charger stopped working, because i not live in USA and it was a USA charger and the adaptor had a switch to turn of 116v and 220v and somehow it broke, but thats not the case, my dad is already buying me a new charger with a BRA charger, which is mine, and i just afraid because i already heard that WiiUs and 3ds ram or something could break if you stop using them, im just asking if it have the possibility to brick and how i could fix

Kirbydogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i know, im afraid of my 3ds could be dead, because i see that after a long that without playing the 3ds stopped working
If you overcharged it and the battery stops working, you can attempt to replace the battery. If your 3DS model is a New 2DS XL, you are pretty much screwed.

You can also enter into safe mode, which will repair broken system applications, allows you to update, etc. (The reason why the link links to a modding wiki is because it tells you how it does it's magic)

If you are using a modded 3DS, you can input it's key combo at boot to enter it's firmware menu. (Luma3DS' is SELECT) This may help you out, as it may mean that your HOME Menu files are gone. I don't really know how to fix that, but you can research it online.

If none of that works, and you are on a New 2DS XL, you can always buy an already used one. If it still has data on it, well, reset it!

Last edited by Kirbydogs,

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you overcharged it and the battery stops working, you can attempt to replace the battery. If your 3DS model is a New 2DS XL, you are pretty much screwed.

You can also enter into safe mode, which will repair broken system applications, allows you to update, etc. (The reason why the link links to a modding wiki is because it tells you how it does it's magic)

If you are using a modded 3DS, you can input it's key combo at boot to enter it's firmware menu. (Luma3DS' is SELECT) This may help you out, as it may mean that your HOME Menu files are gone. I don't really know how to fix that, but you can research it online.

If none of that works, and you are on a New 2DS XL, you can always buy an already used one. If it still has data on it, well, reset it!
None of that is going to help if he supplied the 3ds with 220v

The board likely fried or just burnt all its fuses way before the battery will get killed

Either way this isn’t an easy or cheap fix

Reactions: Hayato213

Kirbydogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of that is going to help if he supplied the 3ds with 220v

The board likely fried or just burnt all its fuses way before the battery will get killed

Either way this isn’t an easy or cheap fix
True, and Nintendo might still do 3DS repairs. Just as long as it's not modded, you can send it to them. If it is modded, well, I have heard of this person who sent their modded 3DS to Nintendo Support, and they didn't even seem to notice. I could imagine that it's still pretty risky, though.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I read the OP's post correctly, he's not too concerned about his charger, but rather the fact he's afraid if he lets his 3DS unused for an extended period of time (while he waits for a new charger), it might screw up his console, like what happened apparently to some Wii Us before.

Kirbydogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I read the OP's post correctly, he's not too concerned about his charger, but rather the fact he's afraid if he lets his 3DS unused for an extended period of time (while he waits for a new charger), it might screw up his console, like what happened apparently to some Wii Us before.
I don't think that can happen, batteries can become unstable, but not using them for a while isn't likely to break it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The board is dead if he supply 220v on a 110v unit.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS should be fine. You can leave it alone while you wait for a new charger. Nintendos chargers are rather safe so only the charger got destroyed. It would not trust random china chargers not destroying my devices if they get over voltage though.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS should be fine. You can leave it alone while you wait for a new charger. Nintendos chargers are rather safe so only the charger got destroyed. It would not trust random china chargers not destroying my devices if they get over voltage though.

Wrong if he supply 220v on something that is 110v.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Wrong if he supply 220v on something that is 110v.
You will see once the new charger arrives. It will charge and work like before. These chargers are not just old school transformers so the over voltage never reaches the 3DS. The charger will burn internal fuses or release the magic smoke before anything happens to your 3DS.

Reactions: 4d1xlaan

Kirbydogs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will see once the new charger arrives. It will charge and work like before. These chargers are not just old school transformers so the over voltage never reaches the 3DS. The charger will burn internal fuses or release the magic smoke before anything happens to your 3DS.
Good point, it's not likely that a charger will fry the motherboards, because there are two prongs. One for input and one for output. Most of the energy will just be recycled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs: august*