Hacking I'm having trouble getting the cIOS38 rev13 running

TennCasey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to the whole Wii hacking thing, and I've been trying to follow this nifty guide right here:

http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/97-connec...hard-drive.html

but when I run the cIOS program, it gives me a ret -1 error. I've tried multiple versions, put the WAD Installer on the SD card along with it, and I have the wad folder sitting in the root of the card. Any help would be much appreciated.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TennCasey said:
I'm new to the whole Wii hacking thing, and I've been trying to follow this nifty guide right here:

http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/97-connec...hard-drive.html

but when I run the cIOS program, it gives me a ret -1 error. I've tried multiple versions, put the WAD Installer on the SD card along with it, and I have the wad folder sitting in the root of the card. Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you tried the network installation?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check your connection, delete any temporary files from your SD card, and try again.

If that doesn't work, you can always download the WAD manually using NUS Downloader.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the Title ID for the WAD.

Either search for it, or download the WAD through other means.

TennCasey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed the USB Loader GX and all I get is a black screen. I'm calling it a night.

Posts merged

I mean, all I get when I try to run it is a black screen. The Wii's fine.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TennCasey said:
I found the IOS38-64-v3610 wad I needed on Google, but it's still a no go. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

QUOTE(TennCasey @ Jun 23 2009, 02:22 AM) Uh, I ran it in the WAD manager and it seems to have done something.

If you "ran it in the WAD manager" using the IOS38-64-v3610 WAD that you found on Google then all you have done is install IOS38-64-v3610 to your NAND.

The cIOS installer uses the IOS38-64-v3610 WAD as the base IOS. It patches parts of the IOS and installs it as IOS249.

Put the IOS38-64-v3610.wad file in the root of the SD card and then run the cIOS rev13 installer, not WAD Manager. Select WAD install.

TennCasey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa, thanks a million, man. As soon as I put that in the root folder, it worked without a hitch. Now I just have to wait for my HDD to get here. But yeah, thanks for all the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I... +1