I'm having problems setting up a hotspot on my PC

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just creating a hotspot on my laptop from the router in my home. I wanna create a network called "attwifi" to spoof a Nintendo network which is why I'm doing this. What are some possibilities that are causing this problem?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You know you can just change the SSID of your wireless network to ''attwifi'' to spoof a Nintendo network.
Its better and easier than to go through the pain in the ass process of creating a hotspot.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For reasons I cant get into, I'm really not suppose to change the SSID on the main router which is why I wanna make a hotspot. I feel the problem here is relating to the adapter not allowing connectivity to the hotspot. I already tried VirtualRouterPlus and it said I didnt have the hardware to make a hotspot, does this mean this wont work at all?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That means your network card isn't capable of SoftAP mode, so no, it's incapable of creating a hotspot.

Dammit all, this blows. My only hope now is to wait for a new jailbreak. I was spoofing before using my iPhone but it got accidentally updated to the latest firmware. *sigh*

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendo Zone isn't worth shit either, I've used it on my friends 3DS when we were on vacation and we found lots of Nintendo Zone hotspots, the only thing they serve is free internet for the 3DS if you wanna play games online or download games at eShop, other than that its useless.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Zone isn't worth shit either, I've used it on my friends 3DS when we were on vacation and we found lots of Nintendo Zone hotspots, the only thing they serve is free internet for the 3DS if you wanna play games online or download games at eShop, other than that its useless.
I would like to finish my puzzle boards as I have a lot of unfinished ones that have been empty for months. I rarely get streetpass on my own and I do actively take my 3DS everywhere I go whether its school or a shopping mall on the weekends. I'm lucky to get 2-3 streetpasses a month and that doesnt guarantee me any pieces.

Sicklyboy

I'll seriously consider getting that. Would be nice to start doing homepassing again.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?