I'm gonna quit

Smatchmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck to the quitters. I've been fighting to quit tobacco for a few month now. I'll completely quit for a few days but I always get dragged back in.
hate2.gif
At least I've become more aware of how much tobacco I smoke and have been smoking less/inhaling less of it, but still....

It's just sooooooo hard to completely quit, but I'm hoping to stop smoking tobacco this year. It's been a long, hard battle with the nic monster.
wacko.gif

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaxxster said:
I aint smoked in about a month now which is brilliant, used to smoke 20 a day, no none at all without needing a patch or any bullshit like that.

This is a damn fine thing to do. Congratulations!
yay.gif

Especially because you didn't have to resort to cigarette replacements like the gum or patch. They make you kinda sick sometimes so you should feel glad you didn't deal with that crap.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I started rolling my own smokes about 3 months ago. It has helped me cut down considerably. I was smoking about a pack and a half a day for the last 15 years. now i go through a pack and a half a week. They don't taste as good as my marlboro's did and i can't be bothered to roll 30 smokes a day. That is what helped me cut back so much. I just can't give up having that smoke after a meal though. It's my favorite.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good luck mthr.

If only my aunt was as responsible as you are; she told me since I was about 6 that smoking is bad, and she still does it 8 years on.

And THEN she promises me "I'll quit one day.." (meaning never)

And finally she decides "I'll quit when I get Baptized."

She joined God's family about 5 months ago. And she still smokes.

EDIT: Any ideas on how to get her to stop? She seems to have no encouragement at all; she's got no reason to stop.

She hasn't got a TV so she doesn't see all this disgusting shit showing people getting retarded mouths and stuff.. so I don't know how to stop her.

She also has no kids, and is single.

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
yay.gif
Good choice mthr!

I really hope you'll pull it off..My girlfriend was a smoker for 4 years (at the age of 16), and it's been hard to quit for her, so I can only imagine how hard it's for you!

You're a strong character, you can do it!
Explain to me HOW does a 12 year old start smoking? What is our world coming to?

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
mthrnite said:
jaxxster said:
I aint smoked in about a month now which is brilliant, used to smoke 20 a day, no none at all without needing a patch or any bullshit like that.
ROCK ON JAXXTER!

Goshogun1 said:
QUOTE(jaxxster @ Jun 30 2009, 10:28 PM)

This is a damn fine thing to do. Congratulations!
yay.gif

Especially because you didn't have to resort to cigarette replacements like the gum or patch. They make you kinda sick sometimes so you should feel glad you didn't deal with that crap.

Thanks guys, weird thing is even recently when ive been drunk i havent even been tempted to smoke which is odd cos i used to smoke like a chimney when i was drunk.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never get why people have such a hard time letting something go.
Will Power man.
Anyways good luck hope you can do it this time before you get cancer.

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
2 Weeks since quit day, and nary a smoke.
It's been a rough haul this time around. I've come to the conclusion that the "3 days and your physical addiction ends" rule is a load of crap.
Still, even though many times I feel like a smoke could "fix" me (sleeplessness, anxiety, other physical issues) I'm eerily determined not to smoke one. It's like a compulsion or something.

So, I'll pop in at 1 month if I make it, and I think I will.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 days and nicotine is gone you will still feel the need for a while took me a month or so now its a mental thing, i remember how it was fun to do. you the smokes and the world just checkin shit out see whats goin on nice thing to do to get away from it all 5 mins of freedom in your day just relaxin and it helps prepare you to get back to work. keeps ya sane.

4 months in 15 days
keep at it mthr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)