I'm gonna quit

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Sounds great mthr, I really wish you the best of luck. I know you can do it! My dad has been smoking since he was like 16 (he's 55 now) and he always has problems with his lungs
frown.gif
I'm sure your kids will appreciate it if you stop smoking.

Also, new cars are awesome
biggrin.gif

El-ahrairah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck! I quit cold turkey about a year and a half ago, because of my profession. (I'm a massage therapist and didn't want to smell like smoke when I'm close to people during sessions)

The only time I get cravings is when I drink. I'll admit that I've smoked a hookah a few times since then, but there's no real need or want to do that it was just a fun thing to try at my friend's parties.

300 bucks though, sheesh. When I was smoking, I could make a can of American Spirit last a month between me and my wife, even longer now that she's the only one that smokes.

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
TODAY​

Ok, been on the Chantix for a week now. Today I double up the dosage and stop smoking completely.
I had one last smoke and then took the morning pill. I'm going around the house and throwing away any cigarettes that might be laying around, cleaning out ashtrays and boxing 'em up for the attic. This past week has been prep for today. Today is the actual quit day.

Side effects of the Chantix have been a little rough and are likely to get rougher now that I'm doubling up. Lots of weird dreams, a really short temper, lethargy, and nausea. Fun stuff. I'm trying to see the big picture here though, so I'm putting up with it.

I'll post in the near future once I've gone a week without. At that point I shall allow myself to test drive the new Nissan Cube at my local dealer. I will not even consider buying it however, until I have been smoke-free for a month.

No need to wish me luck, I'm doin' this shit.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Go for it man. We know you have the willpower to do it! You gotta prove it to yourself now, you're the boss of your own destiny!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, firstly, good luck! As a smoker of almost 20 years (yea, i did the math the other day, and it was shocking. Its closer to 18 years, but thats "almost 20" in my book. And i'm turning 29 this year. Scary, eh?) i feel yer pain, and also feel the need to quit. But alas, i enjoy it too much.

Wife® and I are going to quit when A. she gets preggers, or B. Marijuana is legalized in our state. Yea, i know the 2nd is an odd reason, but its a goal
tongue.gif

I do have to say though... the Nissan Cube? Really? That's such a shit-ugly car. Dunno much more about it, but i'd rather drive an Aztec than a Cube... and i've hated Aztecs since they came on the market (...the car... not the people. I *hate* the car... I just kinda dislike the people
wink.gif
).

But yea, good luck, mate! Let us know how things go
smile.gif

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good luck of quiting, if you can do it once you can easily do it again.

And I was going to say soemthing about how that car looks like a cardboard box or a square turd but nothing funny is coming out right now. Maybe in a few hours I'll think of something funny to call it. Just don't get it in brown
dry.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the Cube is pretty "ugly" but that's one of the reasons I like it. Other reasons include:
  • It's small (like me) and easy to park.
  • Decent gas mileage (30 MPG) without doling tons of $$ for a hybrid.
  • Visibility is supposed to be great, and you ride pretty high up despite the small size.
  • Full air-bags all around, and other good safety features that are important because of the kids always riding with me.
  • It's relatively cheap, I'm getting all the "toys" I want on it and still spending around 16.5 total.
  • It's a very reliable and proven engine, low maintenance, and hey, it's a Nissan, they last a long time.
  • The boys think it looks just as cool as I do.
Also, though it's not available in orange
cry.gif
it does come in a nice moss (space turtle) green, which I'm good with, cuz I love teh Gamera.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blood Fetish said:
$300 a month, nice. If you have been smoking since your kids were born then that money put into a college fund would have paid in full for an education for them. I guess this is why poor people stay poor in America.

Along with going out to eat, overly large credit card bills for unneeded items, complete family cell phone service, and lots of pets.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a bitch of a habit to kick, my grandmother smoked like a chimney for nearly 50 years and quit a few years back, if not she would be dead right now. Most of the people in my family who did smoke have quit in the last couple of years, probably because of my grandmother.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great job mthr! Love the attitude, and I'm positive you have it in you to get through this.

Hope you don't have to stay on the CHANTIX too long. Sounds like a pretty bad experience. Well worth it if it works though.

Can't wait for some pics of the pimp-mobile.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know.

I was so determine in quitting smoking for good... How ?? Cold turkey, yeah. I know you had heard of it before. It works for me because I was so tough and fight it myself because I always said.. I dont want to get cancer every time I think about smoking.. I said no, cancer is going to caught you.. fight it.. I did that for 2 weeks then finally I quit for the first time and hadn't touch it for over 12 years.

I wont go back. CANCER!!! Think about it!!! CANCER is now number 1 killer than heart attack. The heart attack was number one but not anymore. Cancer is now number one killer. It's scary. THINK! DONT TOUCH IT ANYMORE. The tobacco company are the murderer.. They are the killers. They wants to kill you and get your money so they will continue to kill kill kill people and murder them all to get money they want. They are the MURDERER!!!!!! The tobacco company are one of the MOST EVIL people in the world. They dont care about you. They wants to see you DIED because they just want your money. Who's responsible for the death ? YOU! You buy cigarette and it is going to eat you alive slowly! THINK!

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
My dad was a heavy smoker. 2 packs a day. Tried to quit over the years but couldn't. Then he started having heart attacks on the street and near-death experiences. He never smoked again after. Best quitting treatment he ever tried.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best thing I ever did many years ago. Don't be surprised if you slip up a few times though in your mission. Eventually the thought of having a cig will revolt you and you will know you have quit. Even the smell will make you cringe. That "need" to have a cigarette isn't natural and will pass after time. Just mentally imagine cigarettes as poison (which they are LOL), and the desire to smoke will be lessened.

I wish you the best of luck. Better tasting food! No more nasty smelly clothes! No more constant spitting! And a hell of a lower chance of serious illnesses. Your body will thank you.
biggrin.gif

Edit: Cold turkey is where its at BTW. Its painful but it was the only thing that worked for me. Gum and patches just prolong the agony.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.