Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Fatboy12345236 said:
You can do it! What u should do is put Ducktape on ur mouth ther done!!
Well, technically I can also smoke through my nose. What then?
If your solution is still duct tape, then I think I'd live longer smoking
biggrin.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I think they should start selling cigarette cartons in blister packaging, at least then people would be put off buying them because they know they'll end up spending hours just trying to get the damn thing open.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Good luck, mthr! I didn't even know you used to smoke. Great to see you're trying to quit.

EDIT:

Charmandersrule said:
Toni Plutonij said:
My girlfriend was a smoker for 4 years (at the age of 16)Explain to me HOW does a 12 year old start smoking? What is our world coming to?
I think he meant to say she started when she was 16 and quit at 20. Probably.

mthrnite said:
No I wasn't smoking for them, so I'm not quitting for them. The whole "you got more reason cuz you got kids" it's a big cop out.
This is only true if you don't smoke around them.

QUOTE(mthrnite @ Jun 30 2009, 06:00 PM)
Sorry if I sound a bit grumpy.
wink.gif
You do. Stop that.

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel like you've made a great choice. This is beneficial for your kids to grow up healthy and strong. Besides, I feel that there should be some other small pleasures in your life that are as addicting that isn't going to damage you physically. I wish you the best of luck.

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it's been a month, actually a few days past it. I can't lie, I had a couple about a week ago when my quitting partner came by.. she was smoking like a chimney, and I caved a bit. Only two though, and I didn't rush out and buy a pack. I haven't smoked one since, so I think I'm solid.

As a reward for myself I actually went by and took a look at the car I want. Here's a pic of me humping it:
humpinfugly.jpg

Jaxxter I hope you're still going strong, and everybody else that's trying to quit, good luck. If I can, you can.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Keep it up mthr! I'm sure it's hard but try not to let your quitting buddy tempt you.
Try to convince people not to smoke when you're around.

Shiro786 said:
Good on you dude. I've been smoking for a year now...shit is pretty helpful. But now that I'm out of rough times, I'm planning on quitting myself, especially when I need to start getting back in shape for swim meets and so on.

I wish I could be your quitting buddy. =(

Fuck that, I am, In spirit.
Go for it man!

Shit, if you're a good swimmer, even more reason to keep your body healthy
smile.gif
We support you both!

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm still off the smokes, but no Cube for a while unfortunately. One of my income sources is hemorrhaging atm, and I had a bunch of house issues come up, which are all quite expensive.

I am kinda cheating, in a way. I use snus now, which is a smokeless tobacco. It's quite a bit cheaper, $2 a tin, and a tin lasts me a couple of days. So I went from $10 a day to a dollar a day, and from something that my kids could see me do, to something that is invisible to them.

Plus by the time I can afford another car, I'll be able to get a used Cube and save a very significant amount of money.

I consider that a net win.

Thanks for asking after me.
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
We're proud of you, mthrnite
grog.gif

And I wouldn't consider snus cheating. It's like nicotine patches or gum, really.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
My mom smokes which bothers my friends but not me. All I can say is Good Luck, we are here to support you, I know you can make it
smile.gif
Most likely I will try smoking in the future years but not now.. Go go man!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep it up mthr! In 10 days (Oct 25th) i'll be hitting the 2mnth mark of being Nic-Free, myself
smile.gif

Wife® and I quit cold turkey, for the soon-to-be baby's sake
smile.gif

We've been clean and clear as well. Its been tough, but since we're both doing it, its a lot easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @Xdqwerty It's the trailer for the movie The Greasy Strangler.