Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IF they would not have this ROD problems and
IF I would have a HDTV and
IF there would be a chip for import games
THEN I would buy one aswell.

There are a few good games I would like play. Such as Halo 3 and Gears of War.

But I think, it has to wait. Still hope for a few good games on the Wii *me-keeps-finger-crossed-and-waits-for-Mario-Galaxy*

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's really no incentive whatsoever for someone who owns a moderately powerful PC to buy a 360. All of its titles of note - save Guitar Hero 3 (which is being ported to every other console anyway) - are also on PC, most with extra features as well. GoW is hitting PC this November with much nicer graphics, an entirely new chapter of the single player campaign, extra multiplayer maps etc. (and it won't be available on the 360 as the version of UE3 shipped with 360 GoW isn't compatible with the one that's shipping with PC GoW). There are other examples as well - Lost Planet, for instance - but I think you're getting my point.

I actually contemplated buying a 360 a while ago, but decided there weren't enough exclusive games to bother. I'm more likely to get a PS3 at this point seeing as there's a least one exclusive - Final Fantasy XIII - that I want to play.

(oh, and I already own a Wii, which I hardly ever turn on)

Avalyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Get a 360.

I have Wii for almost a year now. Played through Zelda, nearly completed RE4, started metroid, held a couple of grogfests with WarioWare, but that`s it. Wii has endless potential, but developers hesitate to use it. Maybe next year or a year after that...

I have finally decided to get myself a 360 couple weeks ago and loving it. Xbox feels like a gaming console and not a hype-driven over-innovative rushed-out toy.

I love Wii, [hopefully] next year it will finally shine and live up to all expectations, but if you want a console right now, get an xbox.

RROD is scary, but you can fix it yourself pretty cheap, so if trouble arises and you don`t have warranty (modded console), you`re not stuck with 500$ brick.

I agree, I've had my wii since launch, and my xbox since march this year. I hardly ever touch the wii, but the xbox is often on. the arcade games are so much fun
biggrin.gif
and mass effect is coming out in a month, which is shaping up to be the bst rgg ever...

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
IF they would not have this ROD problems and
IF I would have a HDTV and
IF there would be a chip for import games
THEN I would buy one aswell.

There are a few good games I would like play. Such as Halo 3 and Gears of War.

But I think, it has to wait. Still hope for a few good games on the Wii *me-keeps-finger-crossed-and-waits-for-Mario-Galaxy*

Instead of import chip, why not just flash your drive and play everything? The vast majority of 360 games are region free from retail anyway!

[-EDIT-]
This PC games thing doesn't hold up with me either as the consoles still have loads of stuff that will never appear on PC! Like Ninja Gaiden 2, Mass Effect etc. I know stuff like Devil May Cry and Metal Gear sometimes get PC ports but it's always AGES afterwards. Fair enough with Gears of War, it has some nice extras, I'd love to play it but games like that NEED some extra content when coming to PC to warrant the purchase imo.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah like Thug said 99% of games are region free.
modchip for imports = useless.

i was just playin mine! hl2 ep2 ending was insane. thought i'd never beat it...

dodol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you flash your drive, you can always get ban from microsoft(xbox live). other than flashing the wrong firmware, I don't think no mess up is possible.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I suggest OP flash it when he/she gets one. Or be prepared to declare bankruptcy. I haven't done it yet b/c I don't have a desktop atm or any pc capable of burning dual layer disks.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
[-EDIT-]
This PC games thing doesn't hold up with me either as the consoles still have loads of stuff that will never appear on PC! Like Ninja Gaiden 2, Mass Effect etc. I know stuff like Devil May Cry and Metal Gear sometimes get PC ports but it's always AGES afterwards. Fair enough with Gears of War, it has some nice extras, I'd love to play it but games like that NEED some extra content when coming to PC to warrant the purchase imo.
Mass Effect will be ported. Bioware's track record says so.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[-EDIT-]
This PC games thing doesn't hold up with me either as the consoles still have loads of stuff that will never appear on PC! Like Ninja Gaiden 2, Mass Effect etc. I know stuff like Devil May Cry and Metal Gear sometimes get PC ports but it's always AGES afterwards. Fair enough with Gears of War, it has some nice extras, I'd love to play it but games like that NEED some extra content when coming to PC to warrant the purchase imo.

Mass Effect will be ported. Bioware's track record says so.

Bioware has been bought by EA who don't release a hell of a lot of PC ports anymore.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's really no incentive whatsoever for someone who owns a moderately powerful PC to buy a 360.

Yeah I guess there's no incentive for you, which is your opinion
smile.gif
I however have a moderately powerful PC and I plan on getting a 360 anyway, the wait between PC ports can be quite long and xbox360 has its fair share of exclusive titles that I plan on playing. Plus it's nice to play on the couch and have a guaranteed future proofed machine for the next 4-5 years without having to pay for expensive upgrades. You can't really look at the xboxs raw specs either, since devs don't have to optimize for 100's of different configs. they can tweak the graphics much higher than an equivalent pc. Xbox live arcade is really good and there's many other positive points about the 360 I don't have time to mention here.

So please don't say there's no incentive for someone with a moderately powerful PC to buy a 360, because it just isn't true. I respect your opinion of course but not generalizations like that.

Cheers

Helmut

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I didn't laughed like that with a console since Goldeneye 64 and Mario Kart 64. The 360 is a great system and the xbox live is so much fun, I'm happy to pay every year. And there's so many excellent games and more coming next month (even too many). I didn't touched my Wii since I got my 360 and after Zelda I didn't wanted to wait any longer for non-causual games like MP3, so I sold it.

Zesto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on getting a 360 too, since some games don't get PC ports.

That and I don't have a very good computer to run BioShock and others.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm planning on getting a 360 too, since some games don't get PC ports.

That and I don't have a very good computer to run BioShock and others.

Yeah I agree that if you don't have money to burn the 360 is the way to go. You'll likely pay at least double the price for a good PC and it might not even be able to run games at high settings later in the 360's life. Plus you'll still miss out on all the awesome exclusive titles.

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's really no incentive whatsoever for someone who owns a moderately powerful PC to buy a 360.

So please don't say there's no incentive for someone with a moderately powerful PC to buy a 360, because it just isn't true. I respect your opinion of course but not generalizations like that.

Cheers
I'm not going to dabble with you regarding your ideas about whether a 360 is a worthy purchase or not. De gustibus non est disputandum. However, regarding the statement you quoted; communication is, as you may know, two-ways - meaning the reader is supposed to interpret out of the given context. Considering the context of that statement, it should be obvious it was based on my perspective and is my opinion. If you felt I offended you by seemingly making a statement on your part, I apologize. However, it is my belief that you deliberately misinterpreted my statement in order to use it as means to give the subjective ideas you put forth in your post weight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Broken condoms lead to broken hearts, won't someone think of the children!!! Lol +2