Not open for further replies.

sirelboe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im like an idiot.. i installed the password onto my wii with the password.txt
file and ummmm i had commas in it..lol i diddnt read the full instructions and im
kinda locked out of my wii.. cuz when it askes for the password i cant enter in any
commas,,, is there ANY way to bypass priiloader or to get into bootmii to do a nand
restore or to reload the password.txt file???.. or any other way??

sirelboe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have bootmii installed as IOS.
and the only way i know how to load the bootmii menu is from priiloader or HBC/Home button
are there any others?
it seems to not even look onto the SD card before it asks for the password

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Look at the posts further down (comment 12) that giantpune noted.

Some report...
The Mod works like a charme, it's easy to handle.

Using:
You install a file "password.txt" (sd:/password.txt), in the first Line you must put
the password (a-zA-Z0-9), the second Line is the Backdoor, you write a filename like
test.dol or asd.txt to check for. If the file is found on fat (sd|usb), the passcheck
is true. If you dont define a filename, wii_secure.dol will be set.
You can set the passcheck for Systemmenu and/or Priiloader at the settings.

At the moment only a german Version exists. But i can compile a english version with
this feature an post the link to test?

sirelboe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea well u just hooked it up bigtime giantpune, thanks.. i think i saw that page before in a search panic but missed the line about just place any dol file renamed to wii_secure.dol on the SD card to boot it up..lol whew.. i guess thats why these guys are the ones programming this stuff and not me..

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
take out the CMOS battery? If it helps. Most likely no.

Check comment 30. Might be a way for you
biggrin.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
giantpune said:
somehow "i told you so" just doesnt sum it up. check out comment 6 http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/issues/detail?id=24
Totally agree with that comment, giantpune. I backed out of priiloader's password setting screen as soon as I found out it wasn't a block on changing priiloader's settings but on the total accessibility of the wii (I had an experience once where A) a PC didn't have the CD-rom as a bootable device in the BIOS, B) the BIOS was blocked with a password C) the windows partition was messed up beyond repair and D) nobody knew the BIOS password. In other words: 't wasn't the best day at the office).

Glad to hear there's a backdoor in this case.
smile.gif

sirelboe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea it worked perfectly.. i just put any .dol and renamed it to "wii_secure.dol" onto the SD ROOT,
and it booted right up into the .dol.. it was a close one..lol

and @ Wever, on a PC the cmos battery can be removed or u can use the jumper to reset the cmos to factory settings..
dont think the wii has a feature like that.. it would be equivalant to a curropt cmos on a pc where it couldnt load anything.. in that case it would need a cmos firmware flash...

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
giantpune said:
somehow "i told you so" just doesnt sum it up. check out comment 6 http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/issues/detail?id=24
Totally agree with that comment, giantpune. I backed out of priiloader's password setting screen as soon as I found out it wasn't a block on changing priiloader's settings but on the total accessibility of the wii (I had an experience once where A) a PC didn't have the CD-rom as a bootable device in the BIOS, B) the BIOS was blocked with a password C) the windows partition was messed up beyond repair and D) nobody knew the BIOS password. In other words: 't wasn't the best day at the office).

Glad to hear there's a backdoor in this case.
smile.gif
lol, a password in bios is easy to bypass

reset CMOS

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
DeadlyFoez said:
lulwut said:
lol, a password in bios is easy to bypass

reset CMOS
Sorry that all this is off topic, but pulling the battery is not always so easy on a laptop. I've had MANY laptops where you have to dissemble the whole thing to just get to the damn battery.

Sorry for off topic,

But I think this topic is done and can be closed
smile.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sirelboe said:
and @ Wever, on a PC the cmos battery can be removed or u can use the jumper to reset the cmos to factory settings..
dont think the wii has a feature like that.. it would be equivalant to a curropt cmos on a pc where it couldnt load anything.. in that case it would need a cmos firmware flash...
Thanks for the tip. I remember switching the cmos battery (didn't work), but the jumper thingy is new to me.
smile.gif

The tip came too late to save the PC, though.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
I remember switching the cmos battery (didn't work), but the jumper thingy is new to me.
smile.gif
actually, booting without a battery works just as well
smile.gif

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
lulwut said:
Wever said:
I remember switching the cmos battery (didn't work), but the jumper thingy is new to me.
smile.gif
actually, booting without a battery works just as well
smile.gif
the battery just makes sure all the BIOS settings stay set when the system is powered down, otherwise they'd have to be configured each boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.