Hardware I'm amazed with pro controller battery

Absintu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyone else was shocked with the battery life of the pro controller?? I bought one a few weeks ago and only charged it 2 times.
never saw a controller like this. Nintendo engineered a fucking top top controller. I advise u guys to buy one. I know it's expensive, but i never saw anything like this

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer my Xbox one controller... with cheap Turnigy LSD AA 2500mah (actually charge around 2700 on my charger) the controller last like a week and those batteries are like 1.6 € each and even months after no use they still hold a lot of charge since they are LSD - Low Self Discharge.

And I never ever used a cable on the controller, when the AA's are depleted I just open the cover and baam fully charged ones are always charged, I have like more than 20 of those batteries while Duracell 4x AA batteries cost almost 20€each pack here and 8 died on me, Turnigy is way cheaper and good.

My DS4 controller is a JOKE, its better to just leave it with the charging cable all the time, it lasts........... ABOUT NOTHING AT ALL :wacko: ~SONY... I even put black tape on the stupid leds that light all my bed with blue even being on dimmest setting all my room is blue and reflects on the TV, I hope Sony ever makes the OFF setting for the crap leds...

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: GaaraPrime

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then my Xbox one with the cheap AA's probably last even more than 80 hours, I havent measured, but I play almost all day for a long time connected wirelessly to my PC and full of high vibration, it has 4 vibrators :) and last around a week...

And the good thing is I put 4 AA's charging at same time so when out of battery in just a few seconds its already full of battery. And if I use my Imax B6 charger it can handle a lot of nimh batteries charging together (I think it can charge up to 16 AA at the same time), but I usually charge in the duracell AA charger 4x AA max at the same time.

EDIT: Its my favourite controller, Xone, though I dont own a Xbox one, neither I plan too since all exclusives I can play in the PC and almost no one here have Xbox one, most have PS4 only.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not noticed specifically how long the battery is lasting on mine

I bought my pro controller when it was very first launched and love it, perhaps the best controller i've owned, I had a wii u pro controller too which was also top quality but I do prefer the feel of the Switch one

I'd be totally lost without my pro controller because I just can't get along with the joy cons

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they could hack the Xbox one controller with bluetooth with a custom FW to act as a pro controller I would totally go with it instead of the expensive Switch controller.

Hope some day someone could make a Switch firmware for the Xone controller or even the DS4, but that one works more like a wired controller than wireless lol battery just dies so fast and not much space to put a huge battery inside too...

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they could hack the Xbox one controller with bluetooth with a custom FW to act as a pro controller I would totally go with it instead of the expensive Switch controller.

Hope some day someone could make a Switch firmware for the Xone controller or even the DS4, but that one works more like a wired controller than wireless lol battery just dies so fast and not much space to put a huge battery inside too...
the switch pro controller is only $10 more than the xbox controller and comes with gyro controls, nfc reader, rechargable battery and a usb A-C cable, calling it expensive is hardly fair i'd consider it not only the better more comfortable controller but a better deal.

you can get either of these adapters for about $20 each if you are really stuck on the xbox controller http://www.8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/ or http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/MAGIC-NS.html

austin5623

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the Walmart near me, they brought the Pro Controller and Joycons down by $10, is this something that Nintendo did, or just something my Walmart is doing for some reason?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
At the Walmart near me, they brought the Pro Controller and Joycons down by $10, is this something that Nintendo did, or just something my Walmart is doing for some reason?
Nintendo finally removed the "Switch Tax" on them, and Joy-Con sets too.

austin5623

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo finally removed the "Switch Tax" on them, and Joy-Con sets too.
Great! Maybe now I'll get a Pro Controller, I've been looking at those 8Bitdo SF30 controllers as they are basically the same but cheaper, but I very much prefer the "Xbox" layout as opposed to the "Playstation" layout for controllers. I would've gotten one of those off brand controllers if most of them had Bluetooth, as I generally am not close to my dock (literally my dock and my couch are practically on opposite sides of the living room).

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the switch pro controller is only $10 more than the xbox controller and comes with gyro controls, nfc reader, rechargable battery and a usb A-C cable, calling it expensive is hardly fair i'd consider it not only the better more comfortable controller but a better deal.

you can get either of these adapters for about $20 each if you are really stuck on the xbox controller http://www.8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/ or http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/MAGIC-NS.html
Xbox one controller is my favourite controller, I can use it on PC,PS3,PS4,Xbox360, android... I have Cronusmax v1 device...

I don't want any crap of those USB devices, for that I'm waiting for Cronusmax 2 device which will support Switch it basically will most likely support custom mods on any controllers, almost unlimited combos that can even make a game play by it self, emulate Logitech G29 for G25\G27 racing wheels on PS4 with full force feedback not as hid device (at least CM 1 does it) and also have a button with 9 slots and you can have a custom profile with mods for different games or consoles, you can make custom easy scripts, I can for example change colors of the DS4 controller to any with any custom combo of buttons or touch, it supports gyro on other consoles using like DS4, it also allow mouse and keyboard connected to the PC................. SO MUCH FEATURES over those crap adapters out there for the Switch...

This is the latest Cronus at the moment:
drex_getting_to_know_your_cronusmax_plus_screen.png

(FULLY undetected online since it will detect the official M$ controller on M$ consoles, it will detect official DS4 on the PS4, it doesn't bypass securities it uses the official controller for authentication instead so the PS4 authentication chip on the PS4 will detect the official DS4 you have)

The only good adapter for the xone controller is Xone adapter from brook:
s-l300.jpg

It makes it work exactly like a Switch Pro controller wirelessly and have built in Gyro so its the full package just doesnt have the NFC reader...

BUT SADLY this crap has a 800mah built in battery and won't let me use the Turnigy 2500mah I have, so at the end the controller runs out of battery fast. If they ever make the adapter with the possibility to use our batteries on the Xone controller I would buy one, not a crap 800mah (Unless I could cut it and make it able to use the 2xAA ;)).

And since the Xone controller supports FW updating, I would buy the bluetooth version right away if someone made a hacked FW to be compatible with the Switch (mine is the older non bluetooth version). Oh and I don't own a crap Xone console :P I have a Xbox 360 with RGH.

I have this controller:
(click the image and see the beauty, it also have rotative D-PAD that turns from disc to D-pad, so awesome).

And I have the wireless dongle, CronusMax also support it wirelessly using the official M$ dongle, but after I got the Xone controller I never used a X360 controller anymore:bow:. And with CM we can make a script to activate the 4 vibration motors on the Xone controller on any supported device, since the trigger rumbles are only used in a few games on Xbox or Windows, but I can use a custom script and use it on PS4 or any game.

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please don't advertise that shitty cronusmax, which still has no switch support.
It's quite obvious Titan one is the original product, as it actually updates without needing a revision. I still wouldn't recommend it for the money they're asking though.

I'm waiting for an update to use the switch pro controller. Even though I don't agree with the button layout, I must say it's the best controller I ever used. Was a xbox 360 user before, but the switch controller beat it with ease.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer CM tough... Titan never made it emulate the G29 or full time authentication on PS4 even though they support Switch on the V1, but they already launched Titan Two, but since I liked CM a lot I will wait for CM2 instead...

Anyway they are both original devices since at the beginning both guys were working on CronusMax, but the partners separated and the guy who made the software made Titan and the other continued with CM even though it used a patched version of the Titan software at the beginning, now it has gone way further than that and gave lot more features than Titan one...

They also made a device exclusively for racing wheels, but since I have G25 Im good with just CM and it works exactly as G29 with full features just no led rpm display...

Oh and you dont need new revisions on CM, I still have the 1st V1 and have latest firmware and even though it doesnt support using hub for full time authentication, its actually working on my old V1 CM with latest firmwares and supports everything and everything is working, just doesnt have the fancy RGB light display... I used my G25 on Driveclub for more than 30 min with no disconnections...

ps: And anyway since CM2 will support Switch is good for more people to know that such a device is coming out and you can just simply do whatever you want in terms of controllers, scripts, almost infinite combos, menus with the controllers, being able to change leds on controllers or changing rumble features, using gyro\sixaxis on games that dont even use it for anything you would like, aiming, driving, you can even use it to farm stuff on some games...

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah it's nice to know you don't need to buy hardware if they make a change. Actually i though the titan one was way too expensive for what it offered and in the end, the features that were announced to be released soon never came. I'm hoping for full wireless switch pro controller support as i feel like it was a mispurchase.

I might consider a new revision like the CM2 or the T2 if they support 4 wireless switch pro controllers. The new controller is by far my favorite and would love to have a 4 stack to play with friends.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are not expensive for the features they have... Like you see modded controllers with rapid fire for like 100eur while with Cm or Titan you can make almost any controller with a huge amount of mods and even 9 memory profiles on almost any modern console...

Anyway for the CM2 or titan to support controllers wirelessy you would still need a Bluetooth adapter. Don't have a clue is how much controllers will Cm2 support as they haven't give any info yet, neither titan 2 as I don't follow them...

PS: Cm also usually sells cheap like half the price on the black Friday.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox one controller is my favourite controller, I can use it on PC,PS3,PS4,Xbox360, android... I have Cronusmax v1 device...

I don't want any crap of those USB devices, for that I'm waiting for Cronusmax 2 device which will support Switch it basically will most likely support custom mods on any controllers, almost unlimited combos that can even make a game play by it self, emulate Logitech G29 for G25\G27 racing wheels on PS4 with full force feedback not as hid device (at least CM 1 does it) and also have a button with 9 slots and you can have a custom profile with mods for different games or consoles, you can make custom easy scripts, I can for example change colors of the DS4 controller to any with any custom combo of buttons or touch, it supports gyro on other consoles using like DS4, it also allow mouse and keyboard connected to the PC................. SO MUCH FEATURES over those crap adapters out there for the Switch...

This is the latest Cronus at the moment:
drex_getting_to_know_your_cronusmax_plus_screen.png

(FULLY undetected online since it will detect the official M$ controller on M$ consoles, it will detect official DS4 on the PS4, it doesn't bypass securities it uses the official controller for authentication instead so the PS4 authentication chip on the PS4 will detect the official DS4 you have)

The only good adapter for the xone controller is Xone adapter from brook:
s-l300.jpg

It makes it work exactly like a Switch Pro controller wirelessly and have built in Gyro so its the full package just doesnt have the NFC reader...

BUT SADLY this crap has a 800mah built in battery and won't let me use the Turnigy 2500mah I have, so at the end the controller runs out of battery fast. If they ever make the adapter with the possibility to use our batteries on the Xone controller I would buy one, not a crap 800mah (Unless I could cut it and make it able to use the 2xAA ;)).

And since the Xone controller supports FW updating, I would buy the bluetooth version right away if someone made a hacked FW to be compatible with the Switch (mine is the older non bluetooth version). Oh and I don't own a crap Xone console :P I have a Xbox 360 with RGH.

I have this controller:

(click the image and see the beauty, it also have rotative D-PAD that turns from disc to D-pad, so awesome).

And I have the wireless dongle, CronusMax also support it wirelessly using the official M$ dongle, but after I got the Xone controller I never used a X360 controller anymore:bow:. And with CM we can make a script to activate the 4 vibration motors on the Xone controller on any supported device, since the trigger rumbles are only used in a few games on Xbox or Windows, but I can use a custom script and use it on PS4 or any game.
Its pretty crazy you are willing to spend $60 on an adapter but not on a controller.
I've also never heard of any of those features whatever happened to good old fashioned pushing the buttons with your fingers, this is going to sound weird but I bet you could plug the chronus max into the magic-ns to use your old Xbox controller on the switch don't dismiss it just cause it doesn't have a bunch of crazy features it works.
The Xbox controller is good but the switch controller is better you really should try one but apparently you play games very different from how I do.
As long as everyone can agree the ps4 controller with it's crap 4 hour battery life sucks.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Funny that everybody keeps saying it is the best controller ever while it is 100 percent identical to an Xbox one controller. I own both and there is no difference

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't know where you live but here an xbox on controller is 49.99 and a switch controller 69.99

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.