Hacking I'm a 50 year old struggling newbie!

evets

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Up until last week I've been running my back ups of disc beautifully. Last week my daughter brought her sports resort disc down and it has updated my wii menu to 3.4 from 3.3. I'm currently trying to load a properley formatted wfbs drive but every time i try to update the cios version it errors nd i can't get any usb loader to recognize my drive and mount it. Any help/dvice would be welcome. PS i dont have anetwork connection so I have to do wad installs. Also i'm not a computer programmer so it doesn't all make sense to me straight away.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Sure, just update to 4.1(no need to be on 3.ish today) via official Nintendo update function and softmod your Wii from there.

You find superb guides here on the site, I recommend xzxeros guide here: Simplistic mod by xzxero

This is by far the best and easiest to understand guide ATM.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah man, your 50, make us proud by following simple directions!
and let us know your results :]

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
dude if anyone cant follow your guide i think its time to put both there computer, Wii and maybe there brain on craigslist cause they obviously have no use for them
biggrin.gif

senkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello 50 year old struggling newbie,

Don't let the kids faze ya! If any of us are lucky enough to live to see 50, I for one would sure hope to be like you... still gaming on!

And I would also hope that GBAtemp will still be around if I need help modding my Wii-X and PS-7 whatever.

Oh and yea, think of this as a blessing in disguise, no need to stay on 3.3. Update to 4.1 and follow xzxero's excellent guide to get your Wii up to date.

It's stickied up there but here's the link anyways: xzxero's guide

Game on!

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no benefit to updating to 4.0 and it just brings extra problems with compatibility. You're best staying on the system menu you have. You just need to do an offline cios install by downloading the wad you need and sticking that on the root of the sd card, then you choose for an offline install. If that doesn't work it's probably because you need a new ios16 with which you can reinstall cios 249 (since 3.4 uninstalls cios249)

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
Alexrose said:
There is no benefit to updating to 4.0 and it just brings extra problems with compatibility. You're best staying on the system menu you have. You just need to do an offline cios install by downloading the wad you need and sticking that on the root of the sd card, then you choose for an offline install. If that doesn't work it's probably because you need a new ios16 with which you can reinstall cios 249 (since 3.4 uninstalls cios249)

stop chatting shit trying to confuse the guy...can you show me one thing that works on 3.2 that doesnt work on 4.1?

and can you move channels to SD menu and play from there for example on 3.x

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
Alexrose said:

stop chatting shit trying to confuse the guy...can you show me one thing that works on 3.2 that doesnt work on 4.1?

and can you move channels to SD menu and play from there for example on 3.x
thanks guy, took the thought right out of my head.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
HOLY SHIT!! thats a piece of art right there boy lol

i'm flexin a vape, not a volcano but just as good, if i could get of my ass to find a camera but you know how weed do lol

blaze on
cool.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xzxero said:
kLiNiKaL said:
no problem dude, and imho your guide pwn all other attempts lol including the dreaded softfail.
took my thoughts once again!
dont tell your just as high as i am cuz i had like 2 bowls out of this beeast
Hmm doesn't look that big to me. Though it could be the foto, there is not really something to compare it to on the photo.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slowking said:
xzxero said:
kLiNiKaL said:
no problem dude, and imho your guide pwn all other attempts lol including the dreaded softfail.
Hmm doesn't look that big to me. Though it could be the foto, there is not really something to compare it to on the photo.
yea its about 32 inches tall

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xzxero said:
Slowking said:
xzxero said:
kLiNiKaL said:
yea its about 32 inches tall
God damn it convert to the metric system already. The rest of the world has done so over 30 years ago.
tongue.gif

Yeah that is a very respectable size. I have seen bigger ones but, it would be too much for me at once. One of the drawbacks of being a non-smoker.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.