Hacking I'm a 3DS/flashcart idiot.

Kerrnon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked for guides the best I can using the search function, but I'm really bad at flashcarts. I'm unsure what kind of cart I would need for 3DS/DS roms, where I can safely get it (aka no clones), and how I update/set-up such a device. I have experience modding (mostly with PSP and Wii), but I can't find the info I need. Can someone help me out or link me to a newbie guide? A PM would even work. Thanks in advance.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Um listen, nothing, can emulate 3DS, nor games (roms) of 3DS. I know your new to this, but this is something that'll help you. Read the stickies of Hacking and Homebrew of 3DS on GBAtemp! It'll help you :)

Kerrnon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. More interested in DS roms than I am 3DS. I don't mind throwing money to Nintendo from time to time. Didn't see the stickies. I'm a tad stupid, it looks like. I'm basically looking for DS games on my 3DS.

How about trustworthy vendors? Not seeing anything about that. I'd prefer experience over hearsay. I assume firmware versions and updates are in their respective subforums. I'd just end up asking there when I decide on a cart. Also, wasn't there something else I needed outside the flashcart itself? A friend gave me some info years ago, but it's fuzzy.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Learn the ways of the stickies, young one. They teach you many the answers you seek!
Also I suggest
http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/

You need MicroSD cards, which I suggest buying at your local WalMart, Best Buy, ect. I would not suggest buying them online since they are often fake and not high quality. Even trustworthy sites have been known to sell junk microSD cards.

Reactions: 1 person

Kerrnon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's right. There was something about size mattering as well. It had to be less than 8gb or more than 2 or something depending on the flashcart. I think I have a real 2gb or something and it wouldn't work with the shit R4 my brother had. Looking for said stickies.. not finding, unfortunately.

EDIT: considering Acekard 2i for my needs, and found the appropriate subforum, but the guide was edited and no longer exists, lol.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope, almost all flashcards nowadays support SDHC which goes up to 32GB (well other than the old R4 or R4 1.1 clone, they only support up to 2GB)
Also you are most likely searching in the wrong section
http://gbatemp.net/f...nd-accessories/

Reactions: 1 person

Kerrnon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks what I got what I need. Much appreciated. Thanks for the help, despite an annoying thread that needed answer. I know how that is. +respect for the GBATemp community.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Looks what I got what I need. Much appreciated. Thanks for the help, despite an annoying thread that needed answer. I know how that is. +respect for the GBATemp community.
No problem man. ^_^
If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask them!

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked for guides the best I can using the search function, but I'm really bad at flashcarts. I'm unsure what kind of cart I would need for 3DS/DS roms, where I can safely get it (aka no clones), and how I update/set-up such a device. I have experience modding (mostly with PSP and Wii), but I can't find the info I need. Can someone help me out or link me to a newbie guide? A PM would even work. Thanks in advance.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Learn the ways of the stickies, young one. They teach you many the answers you seek!
Also I suggest
http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/

You need MicroSD cards, which I suggest buying at your local WalMart, Best Buy, ect. I would not suggest buying them online since they are often fake and not high quality. Even trustworthy sites have been known to sell junk microSD cards.
No, Newegg is the absolute best for microSD cards.

R411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey do any of you guys think that thr r4 3ds gold is a safe card to buy? (In terms of firmware updates) Should I get another flash card instead? If so what do you guys reccomend

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Best cheap one I can recommend is Acekard 2i
http://shoptemp.net/products/Acekard-2i.html

Best one if you have some extra cash to spend is in my opinion DSTWO:
http://shoptemp.net/...card-DSTWO.html

I know there is an even cheaper flashcart that I have heard is good. I think it's a R4 clone that depends on R4Wood or something like that or if it was a DSTWO clone.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For newbies to flashcards, ak2i and r4i gold 3ds(www.r4ids.cn) are good for them. I will not recommend you ak2i just because it is too slow to release the updating patch for the latest system. Of course, if you do not care about the price, dstwo is also a good choice.

R411

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the r4i gold 3ds release updates faster than acekard? I'm looking for a card that wont be rendered useless by firmware updates and no support.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does the r4i gold 3ds release updates faster than acekard? I'm looking for a card that wont be rendered useless by firmware updates and no support.

Yes, you are right.R4i Gold 3ds released by r4ids.cn always releases the patch within several hours after the system updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple