OP
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
QUOTE said:
The number of illegally downloaded films in the UK has gone up nearly 30% in five years, new figures suggest.

That research, from internet consultancy firm Envisional, indicates that the top five box office movies were illegally downloaded in the UK a total of 1.4 million times last year.

Film industry bosses say it is costing £170m every year and putting thousands of jobs at risk.

Dr David Price led the the team which conducted the research and said there are four main reasons for the increase.

"We've seen increases in technology like faster broadband," he said.

"The methods of piracy have become easier, with quicker downloads and easier to find content.

"We have a generation online now who aren't really bothered about downloading things illegally.

"Finally it's an issue of availability - there's a lot of American content which a lot of people are desperate to download that they can't get hold of legitimately.

I first remembered the reasons posted on temp for piracy. I see, I see, a piracy justification discussion below.
Source

dickfour

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a load of crap, a 170million pounds lost. The question is how many of those films would actually been sold and can they show a drop in sales corresponding directly to the rise in piracy. If you look at the garbage the movie puts out these days like the transformers making record profits it's hard to make the piracy argument when you're puling in more cash that ever.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When it takes several months for content to arrive in the UK, like new episodes Fox Animated Sitcoms, that have no translation, hell, why do you think shit is being illegally downloaded?

To my knowledge season 6 of Futurama STILL hasn't reached the UK.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
When it takes several months for content to arrive in the UK, like new episodes Fox Animated Sitcoms, that have no translation, hell, why do you think shit is being illegally downloaded?

To my knowledge season 6 of Futurama STILL hasn't reached the UK.
Yeah thats true. I had to resort to -ahem- somehow getting it....

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cinemas here are shit quality unless you want to pay extra for the so called "Digital" or "HD" seats. The sound in most are crap and this is in big named places like Odeon! Also all the none blockbuster films tend to only get showings for a week.

I'd love to buy the films on DVD etc but they're leaked so early.

As for TV well its just more convenient for me to download, to get most US content you need to have most of the premium channels and wait for the late hours just to see them with bits cut out so they can insert more adverts in.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea, how about you charge $1,000 per DVD then say you lost over 10 billion pounds. How about this, DVDs are cheaper then shit, sell DVD's with movies on them for about $3 a piece and you will see a dramatic increase on profit.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
so now its 130%
tpi.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Zetta_x said:
I have an idea, how about you charge $1,000 per DVD then say you lost over 10 billion pounds. How about this, DVDs are cheaper then shit, sell DVD's with movies on them for about $3 a piece and you will see a dramatic increase on profit.
You're a dumbass. There's heck of a lot of stuff that needs to be paid off on a movie and a lot of royalties for the music etc. This is what means that DVDs start off with an RRP of £16 it has nothing to do with them being greedy (well they do have to make a profit but still).

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
""We've seen increases in technology like faster broadband," he said.

"The methods of piracy have become easier, with quicker downloads and easier to find content.

"We have a generation online now who aren't really bothered about downloading things illegally."

I could have told them that 5 years ago, and told them for free.

I'm not reeeeeeeally all that internet smart. But when you consider downloading is basically google name + the word torrents or newsindexer + newshosting service plus whatever it is you are looking for and then telling the computer to download it. Well I could literally train a chimp to download my tv shows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1