Homebrew IkuReader, an e-book reader

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Chintoi thanks again for the marvelous gift.
I really enjoy Ikureader and it really turned my DSiXL into something much more useful then already was.
And most importantly, it got me into reading again, something that in the past 5 or 6 years a severely neglected.
But using you application is a big pleasure.
Nothing I could ask for more ( just maybe a DSi version capable of running bigger files without the " out of memory " issue ) or like I said before, the ability to scroll the display left and right in order to maintain the aspect ratio of an 80 chr Gamefaqs FAQ ).
I mentioned the " out of memory " issue because some books give it to me , case in point Dan Brown's Angels and Daemons.
But I opened up the file on the PC and I see that there is some graphics in it ( the infamous " Illuminati " logo, and maybe that's why it fails to open.
But really, thanks from all my heart for developing and keeping improving something this useful .
Because of you I can say now " I read a lot ", which gives me more respect from others when I used to say " I play a lot ".................
wink.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
regnad said:
Haloman800 said:
Chintoi, would you consider adding PDF support? This would truly make it the ultimate eReader for the DS.

There's already an open-source PDF reader for DS, you can get the source code here: http://dl.qj.net/nintendo-ds/homebrew-appl...v14-source.html

I second this. Lots and lots of e-books are in PDF format.
The DS doesn't have the power, RAM or screen resolution to make a good PDF reader. Convert your e-books to .fb2 and remove the images and they should load just fine.

If your e-books are graphic novels try Comic Book DS. You'll still need to convert though.

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
Many thanks, chintoi, for add arg() support. The best ereader that I know.

Thanks of course for attend us in all our suggestions
bow.gif

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
Can you please make it to stay in standby mode when you close the screens together?
When I put them together the ds shut down, maybe you can make it preserve power even.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Shinintendo said:
Can you please make it to stay in standby mode when you close the screens together?
When I put them together the ds shut down, maybe you can make it preserve power even.
Thats not a homebrew problem.
Its a problem with your DS.
I had this before, all you need is to do the "paper trick" on the DS battery.

Fly Ricky the Wi

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I have a sudden awful problem with IkuReader. It doesn't start... Well, it does start, but the only think it show is "Can't save settigns" (sic). I'e erased all the iku files and put them again, but no way, it doesn't want to save anything. I use a supercard dstwo, and I've juste update it, but I think it started to "doesn't work anymore" before that...
I don't understand this problem, it isn't logical.
Thanks in advance.

fremesa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Chintoi, thank you for your great reader. My only suggestion is, if it's possible, to add the option for personalized or preset margins.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this homebrew support holding your ds like a book and to read that way?
I know other e-book readers for ds can do that, what about this one?

Whoops, nvm, I just noticed in the op, it says horizontal and vertical layouts.

Ashley Riot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thank you for this excellent program: i poured new life into my DS, and also got me an easier and more confortable way of reading eBooks. Both me and my brother have been enjoying this a lot!

Now, I just wanted to report a small bug I've encountered: on Wood R4, if I open the IkuReader program, soft-reset the device and try to play a game afterwards, there's absolutely no audio at all. It's not that big a deal since this is reverted by turning the system off and on again, but I thought it was better to share.

Once again, thank you very much!

5Celcious

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you stopped developing Iku Reader?
ohnoes.png

If you haven't, could you make page turning faster? Because it's kinda slow right now, or that might be my DS iunno...

This a great homebrew, I hope you're still working on it.
biggrin.gif

ChristopherJames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Would you consider making the directory setup more flexible?

By this I mean allow people to place the app anywhere on their card, so that they can avoid from having too many folders in the root etc. I'd like to keep everything neat on my sons card, so that he doesn't become confused.

Thanks

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Hey, sorry to burst your bubble or anything, but the OP hasn't logged in since the 30th of July, so I doubt he'll ever look at your request, let alone implement it.

lordrydel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello :) I hope someone can help me with my problem with the ikureader. I'm using a Nintendo DS Lite with an R4 and TTDS ver. 1.18 firmware, I've already downloaded the latest ikureader ver.0.065 and my problem is that now and then sentences repeat which makes it hard and confusing to read onwards. I've tried on both txt and fb2 formats but same thing happens. Can anyone please help me? Thanks ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality