Hacking If your Switch is on v3.0.0, be aware not to completely drain your battery completely

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a v3.0.0 Switch. We all know there is a severe bug in v3.0.0 where the battery indicator is inaccurate, and v3.0.1 fixes this issue.

I made the mistake of completely draining the battery to almost out of power at 1%. Right now, my Switch is plugged into the charging cable at all times, yet the battery isn't keeping the battery charge, or it really is charged but it has completely lost its function.

So, if you have any charge above 10% or you think you do, I highly suggest that you keep your Switch charged and plugged in, if you wished to continue to see a green battery icon. I will continue to monitor the situation, but I probably won't be able to see another green battery icon until I either update, or get a new Switch.

Any tips on the battery indication issue in v3.0.0 without updating to v3.0.1 and up, please share what you know. Thanks.

(UGH! I can't fix grammar in thread title!)

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mostly same as a Mobile Phone, if a Battery is fully empty you need higher Volt (I think it was Volt) to revive it. So as my S6 died I needed to plug it on a Car Charger since it had way more power to revive it, I asume switch has same stuff.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If it dies completely it just needs a lot more time to get a good charge to turn it on again. Same with the Vita and it doesn't matter that much. Just takes a long painfully time to get a good charge for turning on

Reactions: Osha

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a switch that came with 3.0.0 and let it run until it turned off to test battery life. I put it back in the dock and had no problems charging and my battery percentage indicator is working as before. Most devices turn off before the battery completely dies so they aren't damaged, but it's possible the OP has a bad battery or his battery did somehow run too low. I don't think this is a systematic or definitive issue.

@delete12345 - I would try leaving the system in the dock for a few hours and see what happens. If the system still won't hold a charge, I'd suggest contacting Nintendo to see if they can help you trouble shoot or offer a repair.

Reactions: cearp

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If it dies completely it just needs a lot more time to get a good charge to turn it on again. Same with the Vita and it doesn't matter that much. Just takes a long painfully time to get a good charge for turning on
Correct me if I'm wrong (I am probably wrong) but isn't it when it's so completly "dead" that it's protecting the battery to fully dry up? So it just won't let you use it until it has a minimum amount of % of battery for the user to use?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Correct me if I'm wrong (I am probably wrong) but isn't it when it's so completly "dead" that it's protecting the battery to fully dry up? So it just won't let you use it until it has a minimum amount of % of battery for the user to use?
Yeah so it takes a longer time for you to get that charge for powering it on. It doesn't matter that much if it happens just know that it takes a longer time before you can power it on again

Reactions: linuxares

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah so it takes a longer time for you to get that charge for powering it on. It doesn't matter that much if it happens just know that it takes a longer time before you can power it on again
Then we're on the same page :)
I don't know how many times I "killed" my Vita. It always works after like 15mins recharing.

Reactions: kumikochan

thedetire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This can be fixed. i had it too.

1. Turn your switch on and let it deplete completely.
2. Wait till you can't turn it on anymore (because its depleted)
3. charge it for a whole day while it's off and don't touch it.
4. Unplug it the next day.
5. repeat step 1 to 3 once more.

Should be fixed.
If not then turn it on and deplete it.
This time charge it while the switch is on.

Btw. It will look like it's not charging. but it is. so leave it alone.

Last edited by thedetire,

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Just one question:

My switch is charged at 80% the last time i checked, but my joycons juice has depleted.

Would it be safe to leave the joycons on no battery for a few months? or could that render them useless meaning they might not charge when i fire the system up again?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just one question:

My switch is charged at 80% the last time i checked, but my joycons juice has depleted.

Would it be safe to leave the joycons on no battery for a few months? or could that render them useless meaning they might not charge when i fire the system up again?
A modern battery shouldn't have any problems being unused for a while. I haven't used a lot of devices for a while and they work fine after charge.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are discharge methods that *might* fix this, boot into the recovery mode and let it sit in that mode with a charger plugged in, this should let the battery detector detect your actual battery.

However, since the battery here is a standard Li-Ion with a controller, the discharge and problem therein could be less easy to fix. If you cannot get it to see a charge in RM, you may have to send it in for repairs as its possible that its not just a bug but a bad battery or a bad controller or both.

Reactions: peteruk

Tilde88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a v3.0.0 Switch. We all know there is a severe bug in v3.0.0 where the battery indicator is inaccurate, and v3.0.1 fixes this issue.

I made the mistake of completely draining the battery to almost out of power at 1%. Right now, my Switch is plugged into the charging cable at all times, yet the battery isn't keeping the battery charge, or it really is charged but it has completely lost its function.

So, if you have any charge above 10% or you think you do, I highly suggest that you keep your Switch charged and plugged in, if you wished to continue to see a green battery icon. I will continue to monitor the situation, but I probably won't be able to see another green battery icon until I either update, or get a new Switch.

Any tips on the battery indication issue in v3.0.0 without updating to v3.0.1 and up, please share what you know. Thanks.

(UGH! I can't fix grammar in thread title!)

Not only is this inaccurate....

It has NOTHING to do with switch hacking or homebrew, even if it were true...

Please delete thread and account (OP troll name : delete12345)

This is most likely a troll post to encourage people to go to 3.0.1 to fix the battery. Which, as we all know will prevent current exploits known...

Go away OP

Last edited by Tilde88,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only is this inaccurate....

It has NOTHING to do with switch hacking or homebrew, even if it were true...

Please delete thread and account (OP troll name : delete12345)

This is most likely a troll post to encourage people to go to 3.0.1 to fix the battery. Which, as we all know will prevent current exploits known...

Go away OP

What what?? I never said I want people to go to v3.0.1. I'm just stating my problem that I'm having right now, which I can't check because I'm at work. If there's more to this, I will update accordingly.

And I chose this name because Delete is actually my full name. :)

Reactions: Minox

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What what?? I never said I want people to go to v3.0.1. I'm just stating my problem that I'm having right now, which I can't check because I'm at work. If there's more to this, I will update accordingly.

And I chose this name because Delete is actually my full name. :)
this is completely false bro

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes your battery can get back to green. it has nothing to do with the fw. Either you have a bad battery or youre not waiting long enough for it to fully charge

I've charged my Nintendo Switch for 6 hours when I first posted this thread, and is currently charging it for another 12 hours before I am able to check it at home.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So he could sacrifice all those sperm, and the souls for a philosopher stone lol
    This is why I can't have powers.... I would instantly exploit them breaking reality lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, now that you mention the stone it seems that you watched the anime
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is my first aurora tbh