If you do not know where to go with your money, just throw it after SAMSUNG ..

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The WALL:

The "Luxury" 146 inch variant will be available for 450,000 euros. For the "Business" 219-inch model and the 292-inch version, amounts in the "high six-digit range" are due. Individual orders are expected to account for more than one million euros.

Quote from an famous austrian Musician:

Looking around, what happens
Wherever possible or not
Helps only one thing
Champagne, caviar, nobility in the face
Let's deca-dance in any case
The tuxedo carrier everywhere
Because the world is classy
Whether this or that hour
Nobility for you and me

:)

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tv cost more then a lot of people's homes....

As awesome as it is, the price is not justified 100 inch panels are roughly ~10000 USD, so the extra 470000$ USD or so is just silly. Remembering the price of 50 inch plasmas around ~15000 15 or so years ago, I could see this actully selling for around 15-20000.

Last edited by Ericthegreat,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
This tv cost more then a lot of people's homes....

As awesome as it is, the price is not justified 100 inch panels are roughly ~10000 USD, so the extra 470000$ USD or so is just silly. Remembering the price of 50 inch plasmas around ~15000 15 or so years ago, I could see this actully selling for around 15-20000.
While I agree the price is dumb high and no one should buy this, it is justified because "The Wall" isn't just some big huge 146" panel, it's a modular display with a bunch of individual panels that you can customize to your desired size and resolution, and uses MicroLEDs which is a brand new display tech that's extremely impressive (basically OLED without any of the drawbacks)...but super expensive and difficult to produce at any kind of mass scale. Seeing how there's only really one other " consumer video wall" like that on the market (from Sony), and there aren't any other "normal" MicroLED TVs on the market yet at all (though Samsung has a 75" TV with MicroLEDs that supposed to launch at...some point), you can't really compare the price to any other TV because nothing like it really exists for consumers.

But then this definitely isn't a "consumer" product regardless what Samsung says, the whole separate "for business!" model means nothing because the vast majority of people buying any of these are going to be putting them in business locations, not their homes.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This looks like something straight out of 1984...
Fahrenheit 451.

"...It'll be even more fun when we can afford to have the fourth wall installed. How long you figure before we save up and get the fourth wall torn out and a fourth wall-TV put in? It's only two thousand dollars."
"That's one-third of my yearly pay."
"It's only two thousand dollars," she replied. "And I should think you'd consider me sometimes. If we had a fourth wall, why it'd be just like this room wasn't ours at all, but all kinds of exotic people's rooms. We could do without a few things."
"We're already doing without a few things to pay for the third wall. It was put in only two months ago, remember?"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D