Hacking if you are having trouble injecting fbi DO THIS INSTEAD

mohdsaher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT FIX YOU WILL LOOSE FBI IF YOU RESTORE OR SWAP SD CARDS WITHOUT MOVING FILES PLEASE DO INSTALL THE INJECTED ONE USING DECRYPT9 IF YOU HAVE ANY ERRORS WITH HOURGLASS9.

I don't know why everyone wants fbi to be injected through health and safety just follow these steps to get a cia installed so you can have the REAL fbi app not a health and safety fbi

1. go to https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases and download the 3dsx and cia files.
2. put the 3dsx in your 3ds folder in the sd card for your system.
3.make a cia folder If you don't have one and put fbi.cia in there.
4.open homebrew through a entry point (soundhax) then look for fbi
5. once you found fbi open it then navigate to the cia folder you created then just normally install fbi.
6. enjoy cuz you now have the real fbi not a health and safety fbi :D

have fun

any edits will be here: 1.if you have any other suggestions please tell me in a reply in this
2.i think I found a fix :D you should inject fbi using decrypt9

Last edited by mohdsaher,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it good to have it injected into FBI as its installed to nand and does not get deleted by performing system formats etc, its also generally not really an issue to inject you just copy a few files to your SD and inject it along the normal a9lh setup after restoring your nand backup

but ofc people can do what they like, the H&S method just avoid the old "I lost mah FBI when I swapped SD card or formatted and now I'm stuck ".......although as you say currently with all FW's having easy arm11/arm9 hax entry points its not as big of an issue as it once was, but if/when 11.3 comes along and people are following the guide and soundhax doesn't work anymore then you have people begging for help its sometimes easier to use the totally rock solid persistent install method that will work for any FW and any model rather than one that varies from FW to FW

Last edited by gamesquest1,

mohdsaher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have fbi injected on my 3ds and I do totally agree with you. btw this thread was not made as a permanent solution it is just for if you wanna install fbi but injecting does not work

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I do have fbi injected on my 3ds and I do totally agree with you. btw this thread was not made as a permanent solution it is just for if you wanna install fbi but injecting does not work
yeah I understand, its just that having a persistent cia installer is a nice fallback for people especially newbies who may buy a new SD card or do a format and panic that they cannot install cia files any more etc, but I can appreciate that your just helping people struggling :)

mohdsaher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks and btw I see that most of the people that are having problems are using hourglass9 while I used decrypt9 and I had no problems

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just to clarify you wont loose FBI if you update as suggested OP now, you could do this and be perfectly fine forever, I know a few people who restore H&S after they install the normal FBI, its perfectly fine to do so and the only scenario where it will cause issues is if you do a system format or swap your SD card without copying the old contents first, and even then you can (assuming soundhax isn't blocked in the meantime) just repeat the steps again to install FBI fresh, or fallback to the H&S inject method (this should always be an option as long as you have a9lh installed)

the only point I was making (and maybe I worded it too strongly) was that for newbies its nice to encourage them to install the fallback so they don't have to ask for help down the line if they do any of the things mentioned above :P

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The end result is the same as if you injected FBI into H&S, and then restored H&S after installing FBI for real. Pretty much every guide has you do this anyway. I don't see the need to say it's not a "permanent fix".

If you want something capable of surviving a format, install DevMenu.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always injected BBM into H&S and then installed FBI separately. IMO I feel like that's the best situation for it to survive more or less anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it way more than norm