If the game isn't sealed ...

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by mikehammerX9, Mar 19, 2011.

Mar 19, 2011
  1. mikehammerX9
    OP

Member mikehammerX9 GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    What that means?

I just got Zelda Phantom Hourglass which I've ordered earlier this week from blahdvd.com.

But the game isn't sealed and the box is a little "dirty" and scratched.

Are they selling f* second-hand games??? [​IMG]

2. TheTwoR's

Member TheTwoR's Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D

Belgium
    99% chance they sold you a 2nd hand one.
    1% chance they just didn't wrap it and they packaged it inconveniently in a way in which it's squished with other items that scratched it badly, making it look like garbage.

Meh, I say get some wet wipes and sanitizer and clean the whole thing inside and out, just to be clean.
    Keep it as long as it works fine, and remember not to buy from them again. [​IMG]

Don't worry, I get garbage like that on Ebay all the time.

Go to someone more reliable like Amazon [​IMG]

3. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Is that really a big deal? I mean come on, the game still works right?

Listen i bought a flash drive back in 2005. It was a 2 gig drive and that was a big deal back then. anyways i brought it home and opened it up and plugged in that sucker. Computer says its only 1 gig. Here it was a second hand on. It was partitioned, the second partition was bricked and then sold back. Awesome.
    I took it back and got a second on. This on worked for 2 weeks cause when i opened the package and plugged in the seocnd one, it came installed with ready boost. Aweome.

At least your game works lol

4. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    When you pay full price for a game? Yeah... It's a big deal.

The Gamestop near me was selling NEW (or "NEW") PSX games in un-sealed packages for a while...
    I told them I wanted a sealed one and they said they don't do that, so I walked out.

5. mikehammerX9
    OP

Member mikehammerX9 GBAtemp Regular

Greece
    Absolutely. If I wanted to have a second-hand game, I would buy it and paid much less. But I didn't want that. That's a scam!

I'm really disappointed, I will never buy a game in this store again. [​IMG]

6. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Man I hate it when people say this. People don't understand that when you buy a game, it basically becomes a collector's item.

Example, back in the day of the N64/SNES/Genesis/NES and all of the other consoles, everybody just took the game, threw out the cardboard box. Look on eBay today, that box, is worth A LOT of money.

So yeah, when you pay full price, you want everything being the way Nintendo shipped it or whatever other company. Down the road, it's going to be worth a lot. Even instruction booklets, those are worth cash too.

7. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    If its not Nintendo sealed then contact their customer support. You should have gotten a new game, not a 2nd hand one or one that's been opened AND soiled (albeit slightly) for full price.

8. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    That is the risk when buying online. You have to buy from a well known website or store dude. Call customer service though if you fight this and be serious and aggressive you can get something out of it. I talked my way into getting Nintendo to fix my DS Lite and DSi fixed once or twice. Got to be confident. lol

9. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Hmm. I guess it doesnt really matter to me all that much.

10. Chhotu uttam

Member Chhotu uttam DOH HO HO HO

India
    Just throw the game on the owner or give a complaint and get your money back.

11. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

He bought it off the internet.....

12. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
  13. Chhotu uttam

Member Chhotu uttam DOH HO HO HO

India
    But he could give a complaint to the website owner

14. mcr619619

Member mcr619619 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines

come on...it's really a big deal, if you buy a cart even though you can download it, it can only mean 3 things,

1. your flashcart can't run it..
    2. you can't download it..mehhh
    3. you really like that game...

i guess it's 3, i don't have DS yet, planning to buy next week, and when i buy it, when i save a little more money, i'll buy Original Cart of The world ends with you, because i really like it and that's the least i can do to help the developer of one of my favorite game...(i played it in an emulator [​IMG] )..