Hacking If I hack my Wii could I play commercial games threw my SD card?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have a question that I still can't understand.... If I hack my Wii can I download commercial games on the PC and put them into the SD card then run the game from the SD card straight from the Homebrew channel? Or I have to go and buy stupid DVD's and burn the game into them to play from the Homebrew channel. Or can I just run the games if I have a USB Flash card and put it in my USB port on the Wii and put commercial games into the USB flash card and play threw the Homebrew channel?

Also I don't get what the hell is the USB Loader? Can anyone tell me or if it is some thing can you show me a picture?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The USB Loader lets you run games from external HDDs. 99% of the topics on the board are about it, so search around.

And if you look at Waninkoko's blog he has made an SD Loader, but whether or not he'll release it remains to be seen.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The USB Loader can load commercial games from any compatible USB device. So a portable hard drive, a SD card in a card reader, a flash drive.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh... Now I get it Lol thank you so much... Sucks for me my USB Flash drive is only 1GB lol. Most Wii games are like 2-6Gb...

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
oh... Now I get it Lol thank you so much... Sucks for me my USB Flash drive is only 1GB lol. Most Wii games are like 2-6Gb...

The loader will shrink the games.

Wii sports is only .3 gb

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL "stupid DVDs" are you angry? I got a good chuckle out of that one.

And look at all the helpful replies. This forum may have its issues but I love the lack of grammar/spelling nazis.

No discrimination against those looking for help.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
jakob95 said:

Well when you add a new game to the usb device, it will remove all unnecessary data. So a lot of games will then be smaller than 4.7GB (standard size of a single layer DVD). So you can just use your flash drive to check it out. and if you like it, you could buy a large external hdd

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but the good games are take up a lot of memory like Super Smash Bros, Mario Baseball (whatever the name is), Mario Kart is sort of also a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.