ROM Hack If I change this value in luma's source, can I push the brightness lower than the presets?

livid_hen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure how else to put the title XD. If I change sysmodules/rosalina/source/luminance.c line 55 from 13 to 1 (and add a luminance level on line 53), will that let the brightness go lower? I have never worked with luma's source before, and am just wondering if I am missing something, or am going to brick something... I don't know if the are going to be any variables anywhere else i would have to change, or where they would be.

On Android, it is really just that simple: You change the value in the backlight file and the screen follows. On 3ds I assume its not that simple... I know the backlight brightness value is at 0x40, but considering ntr couldn't do it past 11.3, i assume there is something else going on.

(file: https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/blob/master/sysmodules/rosalina/source/luminance.c)

Edit: It looks like no. After changing the min brightness to one, on the 3ds it says min 1 max 95 but the value wont go below 14. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by livid_hen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.