Hacking IEdge firmware problem

liam63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi camshi and Johnno69,

What do you mean by getting rid of the updater?

Is this something I do or does it happen by itself?

Having ran the updater with admin permission I point it
to the 0363 SUDOKU.nds. and update (works as it should).

A mesage comes up saying it is okay to remove MicroSD
card.

I then put it in iEDGE card and then into DSi and switch on.

Led flashes slowly, then intensely and I wait for it to stop.

I switch off DSi and reformat MicroSD card and extract the
iEDGE OS to it (the up to date one on the EDGE site).

After full format I put MicroSD card in to DSi and switch on,
and yes the Led flashes, although apparently, it's not meant to.

I'm then taken to the DSi menu where the iEDGE icon only resides
and not the SUDOKU icon and so have usual negative results in trying
to get it to work.

I'm assuming that after the first flashing Led sequence in the process that
the bootstrap update is placed on DSi's internal software from the MicroSD
card, then I switch off.

The getting 'rid of the update' surely has occurred when I format the MicroSd ready to
put the iEDGE OS system on and then put the MicroSD card back in the iEDGE and then
back into the DSi.

I think you're saying because the update is still present in some way, when it shouldn't be,
that this is the reason for a second flashing Led which should be absent, which when absent
leads to a perfectly working iEDGE card with SUDOKU icon present etc..

If this is the case what and how do I get rid of the updater in the process or is something
else happening out of my control which I can't change.

I've had a couple of instant messenger chats with xpertron the iEDGE reseller and after I've used
their soon to be published, easy to follow guidelines, I'm to get back to them if any further problems
and they said they'll send me a replacement iEDGE card hoping then that it will work.

I've also spoken to EDGE via e-mail and they're beginning to think I might have a faulty iEDGE
card, although I'm still persisting trying to find a solution with it, in case I can get it solved now and perhaps it's fine anyway.

I look forward to your thoughts on everything I've said.

In hope

Liam
wacko.gif

Posts merged

Awesome turtwig said:
Hey guys, in my original DS, I'm trying to get my iedge to work. Do I need to do the bootstrap stuff, since I don't have a DSi? Well I make the bootstrap file, put it in my DS and wait for the LED to stop flashing. I take it out, the bin file is NOT gone, but sometimes it is. I extract the iEdge OS onto my card... however when I do that, the LED starts flashing again. Why is it doing this? I tried formatting. Any help? Thanks.

I tried it with 2 different micro SD cards. One 2 gb and one 8 gb.

I also do NOT get the Sudoku icon.

liam63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi awesome turtwig ( what a name by the way! ),

With a DS, I think you just need to have the non iEDGE OS.

This means, ignore the iEDGE OS for DSi download button
on the EDGE site and look below it to the EDGE OS download
button, which is what you need, download it and extract it to
your MicroSD card and place in iEDGE card and then into DS
and it should work.

I think you don't need the Bootstrap update for the DS as this is
specific to the DSi.

I have the ordinary EDGE OS working in my DS lite and no bootstrap
updater was ever needed.

After putting on game roms/nds' ( on your MicroSD card )they should
then all work perfectly.

I hope this advice works.

Kind Regards

Liam

Johnno69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Liam,

Seems to me you are doing everything correctly and in the right order and by formating the microSD you are obviously wiping the card clean.

You could have a faulty card and for some reason the first time the iEDGE was flashed with the bootstrap software it didn't complete properly and is now stuck in some sort of loop. Everytime you put the iEDGE back in the DSI it starts flashing the firmware again.

Hopefully the new guide from Xpertron will help otherwise it looks like it could be time for a new card.

Good luck.

John.

liam63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
haloworld said:
liam63 said:
Hi camshi and Johnno69,

card.

to get it to work.

card, then I switch off.

The getting 'rid of the update' surely has occurred when I format the MicroSd ready to
put the iEDGE OS system on and then put the MicroSD card back in the iEDGE and then
back into the DSi.

I think you're saying because the update is still present in some way, when it shouldn't be,
that this is the reason for a second flashing Led which should be absent, which when absent

If this is the case what and how do I get rid of the updater in the process or is something

I've had a couple of instant messenger chats with xpertron the iEDGE reseller and after I've used
their soon to be published, easy to follow guidelines, I'm to get back to them if any further problems
and they said they'll send me a replacement iEDGE card hoping then that it will work.

I've also spoken to EDGE via e-mail and they're beginning to think I might have a faulty iEDGE
card, although I'm still persisting trying to find a solution with it, in case I can get it solved now and perhaps it's fine anyway.

In hope

Liam
wacko.gif

Posts merged

Awesome turtwig said:
Hey guys, in my original DS, I'm trying to get my iedge to work. Do I need to do the bootstrap stuff, since I don't have a DSi? Well I make the bootstrap file, put it in my DS and wait for the LED to stop flashing. I take it out, the bin file is NOT gone, but sometimes it is. I extract the iEdge OS onto my card... however when I do that, the LED starts flashing again. Why is it doing this? I tried formatting. Any help? Thanks.

Hi Liam,

The problem with the whole process still lies on the bootstrap flashing. Can you please check if you have the file bupdate file on the microSD after doing the iEDGE Boot Update? That is the most crucial part for the flashing.

-
Xpertron Team

Idiot's iEDGE setup guide is going through the final amendments

liam63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
liam63 said:
haloworld said:
liam63 said:
Hi camshi and Johnno69,

card.

to get it to work.

card, then I switch off.

back into the DSi.

In hope

Liam
wacko.gif

Posts merged

Awesome turtwig said:

Hi Liam,

The problem with the whole process still lies on the bootstrap flashing. Can you please check if you have the file bupdate file on the microSD after doing the iEDGE Boot Update? That is the most crucial part for the flashing.

-
Xpertron Team

Idiot's iEDGE setup guide is going through the final amendments

liam63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi xperton team,

The bupdate file is indeed oresent after the bootstrap updater has been used.

I'm pretty convinced that I've got a faulty iEDGE card now and if xpertron new
idiot proof guidelines don't work then I'll be getting areplacement from xperton
and will send my faulty iEDGE card back after that, although I'm going to have a
another go to get it working with camshi through instant messenger to nught.

thanks anyway

Liam

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
liam63 said:
Hi awesome turtwig ( what a name by the way! ),

With a DS, I think you just need to have the non iEDGE OS.

This means, ignore the iEDGE OS for DSi download button
on the EDGE site and look below it to the EDGE OS download
button, which is what you need, download it and extract it to
your MicroSD card and place in iEDGE card and then into DS
and it should work.

I think you don't need the Bootstrap update for the DS as this is
specific to the DSi.

I have the ordinary EDGE OS working in my DS lite and no bootstrap
updater was ever needed.

After putting on game roms/nds' ( on your MicroSD card )they should
then all work perfectly.

I hope this advice works.

Kind Regards

Liam

I wish that worked. Every time I put my SD card in, the LED flashes! But I contacted edge, they had this to say.

Please can you try the procedure bellow and get back to us where you get stuck. Follow carefully the procedure in many case lots of customer was trying to execute pc software "EdgeBootUpdate-v1" directly from the MicroSD or simply leave opened window in relation with the MicroSD.

Thanks for you patience.

First thing to mention make sure to provide the Rom "0363 - Puzzle Series Vol. 3 - Sudoku (J).nds" this one is not include in the pack due to Copyright restrictions. Also ensure that you have the new IEDGE product and not the old EDGE.

1. Backup your .NDS Roms located on your MicroSD card to your PC, then FORMAT the MicroSD card with supplied IEDGE USB TF Adapter (You can do a quick format to save time). If you are browsing the MicroSD card, close the window.

2. Execute EdgeBootUpdate-v1 as an administrator (From your PC HDD and NOT from your MicroSD). To do this, right click on the file and select "Run as administrator”. Then from the software select the new formatted MicroSD from the USB TF Adapter and after select the "0363 - Puzzle Series Vol. 3 - Sudoku (J).nds" then click UPDATE. You will get a message saying "completed and safe to remove card".

(If you get ERROR LOCK FILE please (DO NOT SELECT YES) there is something wrong with step procedure 1 or that's mean you have done something like run the exe from MicroSD.)

3. Now safely remove the USB TF Adapter from the PC then insert the MicroSD into the iEDGE and this one in the DSi then turn on your DSi, wait until flashing led located on the iEDGE has completely stopped then power off the DSi.

4. Remove the MicroSD from the IEDGE then reinsert it in the USB TF Adapter then plug it again on the PC and reformat the MicroSD in FAT or FAT32

5. Now download and unpack on your computer the latest IEDGE OS on our web site. Simply ensure to download the proper OS for your respective product.
(http://www.edge-ds.cn/download.html)

6. Place EDGE dir and IEDGE.DAT directly on your root of MicroSD.
(Taking H as example of your USB TF Adapter drive letter.)

H:\IEDGE.DAT
H:\EDGE\cheats.dat

7. Now reinsert the MicroSD back into the iEDGE and the iEDGE into the DSi then turn on your DSi and select the Sudoku icon. After a short delay you should see "Loading" on the screen and shortly after the IEDGE menu.

We hope this help.

liam63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
haloworld said:
Here comes the complete guide for setting up the iEDGE firmware:

[url=http://wiikey-fusion.co.uk/how-to-setup-iedge/]http://wiikey-fusion.co.uk/how-to-setup-iedge/[/url]

Posts merged

liam63 said:
Hi xperton team,

The bupdate file is indeed oresent after the bootstrap updater has been used.

I'm pretty convinced that I've got a faulty iEDGE card now and if xpertron new
idiot proof guidelines don't work then I'll be getting areplacement from xperton
and will send my faulty iEDGE card back after that, although I'm going to have a
another go to get it working with camshi through instant messenger to nught.

thanks anyway

Liam

Hi Liam,

You should have received the email notice with the link to our complete idiot's guide by now.

Do let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Xpertron Team

liam63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dear xperton team,
I have not got an e-mail notice about the idiots guide to setting up iEDGE from xperton.
Please send the link to [email protected].
I'm using the guide that is in this subject forum at the moment noticing that there is no 2nd format
of the Micro SD card ( I thought i'd give it a go while I'm here as it were).
Could you please e-mail me the SUDOKU file in this guide as it appears to be 64mb and the one I've got is
8mb approximately.
It may be I have the wrong nds file for this SUDOKU game ( problem all along, maybe?)
camshi helped me by instant messenger last night but we were met with a negative result, NO SUDOKU icon etc..AGAIN!!
At this moment in time I'm looking for a 64mb SUDOKU file and not 8mb and I'm not doing 2nd format as the guide says here, and seeing what happens.
If it fails then I'll hopefully end up using the 64mb file ( if sent to me) and then if that doesn't work then I'm afraid I'll need a replacement iEDGE card.

thanks

Liam

liam63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
liam63 said:
Dear xperton team,
I have not got an e-mail notice about the idiots guide to setting up iEDGE from xperton.
Please send the link to [email protected].
I'm using the guide that is in this subject forum at the moment noticing that there is no 2nd format
of the Micro SD card ( I thought i'd give it a go while I'm here as it were).
Could you please e-mail me the SUDOKU file in this guide as it appears to be 64mb and the one I've got is
8mb approximately.
It may be I have the wrong nds file for this SUDOKU game ( problem all along, maybe?)
camshi helped me by instant messenger last night but we were met with a negative result, NO SUDOKU icon etc..AGAIN!!
At this moment in time I'm looking for a 64mb SUDOKU file and not 8mb and I'm not doing 2nd format as the guide says here, and seeing what happens.
If it fails then I'll hopefully end up using the 64mb file ( if sent to me) and then if that doesn't work then I'm afraid I'll need a replacement iEDGE card.

thanks

Liam

Johnno69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Liam,

The Sudoku file you use is the 8mb one.

The link to the guide from Xpertron is in the post from haloworld. The link starts with wiikey-fusion. Just click it.

Hope you have some luck soon.

John.
yay.gif

liam63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Johnno69 said:
Hi Liam,

The Sudoku file you use is the 8mb one.

The link to the guide from Xpertron is in the post from haloworld. The link starts with wiikey-fusion. Just click it.

Hope you have some luck soon.

John.
yay.gif

liam63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Johnno69,
Yes! used the guide you refer to which I now know is the xperton guide as well, and have used 8mb size sudoku game.
When you do a search of the file name for the SUDOKU (on internet) game as mentioned in the guide (scz-pscv3.nds) it is quoted as being 64mb in size so hence my feelings I might have had the wrong game nds. My file is not the above name as seen in one of the box diagrams in the guide, if you look at it.

At the moment, still stuck with an iEDGE card that keeps flashing and doesn't go to a SUDOKU icon, despite all else going as planned in the procedure.

thanks

Liam

myboysjam

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there i am having the same problem as you liam i can get the binupdate on my memory card ok then i put it into my dsi the light flashes as if it flashing once the light stops i remove card but still have the binupdate file still on my memory card should i still have this or should it be deleted and once i put the other 2 files on it and put it in the dsi the light just keeps flashing goes of but nothing . i have tried emailing Xperton but no answer i hope somone can please help me as my son is doing my nut in because i cant get it to work

thank you

stuart

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dont know guys had that bupdate.bin file from zhuzhuchina put it on Micrsd and the iEdge did not start to flash.
Then i did delete all stuff on Microsd did load the Programm provided by Team Edge and it did save the same file on the Microsd. I put it in and id did start to flash. After the LED was off i turned of my DS lite and that file was still on the microsd card.
I did delete it and put edge os on it and it works. Was so easy but i dont understand why it did not start to flash with the other file i did download.

liam63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
myboysjam said:
Hi there i am having the same problem as you liam i can get the binupdate on my memory card ok then i put it into my dsi the light flashes as if it flashing once the light stops i remove card but still have the binupdate file still on my memory card should i still have this or should it be deleted and once i put the other 2 files on it and put it in the dsi the light just keeps flashing goes of but nothing . i have tried emailing Xperton but no answer i hope somone can please help me as my son is doing my nut in because i cant get it to work

thank you

stuart

liam63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Stuart and Dsandi,
At this moment in time I've tried EVERYTHING to get the iEDGE card to work in my DSi.
I am met with frustration at each and every turn.
I have tried it with the bupdate file and the operation sytem and without the bupdate file ( after 2nd full format)then just operation system. In both instances the iEDGE card has flashed indicating bupdate file is updating DSi on first time putting iEDGE card into DSi. Then I've tried non format (2nd time round with bupdate file) which leads to failure, and second time round with, update then full format to erase MicroSD card and bupdate then just OS sytem and card in DSi. This meets with failure also.
I have communicated with xperton via their instant messenger on their site. They agreed if their guidelines for installation failed me then it is likely I have a faulty iEDGE card. EDGE, themselves, feel my card is stuck in some kind of bad loop and is faulty as well. The bad loop is that having followed xperton guidelines the OS does not kick in to play when iEDGE card is put into the DSi and continues to flash, as if updating where really it should be booting the DSi to show a SUDOKU icon. In all attempts, for me, this SUDOKU icon never shows up and a second flashing orange LED continues to show, when it shouldn't.
I have sent a message to xperton asking for a replacement iEDGE card quoting my original order number minus the MicroSD card and Tf as obviously I don't need them sent again, as I have them.
I am now waiting for a reply from xperton and hoping for a replacement iEDGE card.
If nothing works with the replacement card then I'll presume something in my DSi is wrong, but this should not be the case as it is firmware 1.4 and in all instances I have only ever used software from the EDGE site making doubly sure it is the software suitable for the DSi console and the iEDGE card. All MicroSD cards I've used have been checked for errors and all come up clean ( so this is not the issue either ).
With regards to DSandy, I think you have been successful because you're using a DS lite, which is an altogether easier set up operation where the DSi involves more to set it up.

I'm now holding out for a new iEDGE card, because after so many attempts (double figures now) sometimes you have to call it a day and move on to other possibilities to solve the whole problem.

Cheers and all the best getting your DSi EDGE card to work!

Liam

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well all you need to do is put in USB Cradreader with empty Microsd card ( they usually formatted in fat32 if not do a quickformat on windows ) to the pc.
Have the requested game (8MB ) ready and start the program delivered by team Edge.
After you did start the program it will find your USB Cardreader by itself, if not you can choose it.
In the lower pulldownbar it ask for the game just click it and browse where it is then sellect it.
The path will show now in that bar.
Then just click update and the prorgram save sthe bupdate.bin to microsd.
Put out USB reader put the SD to the iedge, insert iedge to DSlite or DSI and turn on the DS lite or DSI.
Dont do anything else. The LED will start to blink and when all is good it turns off.
Turn off DS lite or DSi and back on u will see its now suduku game by hudson.
After that turn off DS Lite DSI, pull out iedge, format sd again put on iedge os. Thats it.

It has nothing to do with DSI or DS Lite, the card only needs to be powerd up...

By the way you also need to bootrap the iedge on a lite to make it work. It will show the same edge icon on a lite as on a DSI.
There is nothing more to set up on a DSI. The whole process takes like 2 minutes with the programm.

catmix

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to add something here about iEDGE. (cause i'm also having problems with it) Ok i have 2 DS Lite here and I followed the instructions installing bupdate.bin (sort of). It works on my 1st dslite, but the other shows a Hudson logo then stays at 2 white screens. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the internal memory of the second DSL.
Here's some more info:
1st DSL is US ver and was bought around 2008 - 2009
2nd DSL is Korea Ver and was bought last Xmas 2009
Both colors are Metallic Rose
When I install bootstrap on my first dsl, I press A on the EDGE icon then followed by 2 white screen but the LED is still flashing and waited for it to stop and disappear. I turned off my ds then turn it on and EDGE icon is now a Sudoko icon and it works like a normal EDGE firmware. but when inserted iEDGE on my 2nd ds, it still has the sudoku logo and when i tap on the card, it only shows a Hudson and Bee logo and stays 2 white screens.

Austern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
catmix said:
, it still has the sudoku logo and when i tap on the card, it only shows a Hudson and Bee logo and stays 2 white screens.

I have same problem sometimes. My solution, i restart with "power" button and so "booting" appears. It works but i don't know how to fix it. perhaps an internal material problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...