Hacking iedge card

jroxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello just got my iedge in the mail went to the website download ness files, but with the bootstrap states

How to use
----------

1. Obtain the required ROM file, which for this version of the updater is
"0583 - Shikakui Atama wo Maruku Suru DS Joushiki Nanmon no Shou".
Please see below for further details.
2. Insert a MicroSD card into a card reader, then insert the card reader into
your PC. The MicroSD must be formatted with FAT/FAT32.
3. Launch the bootstrap updater executable, EdgeBootUpdate.exe
4. In the bootstrap updater GUI, select the drive corresponding to your
MicroSD reader
5. Using the "..." button, navigate to the ROM file specified in step 1
6. Press the "Update" button to place the bootstrap update on your MicroSD card
7. Using the MicroSD card, update your iEDGE bootstrap according to instructions
found in the iEDGE reference manual

Required ROM file
-----------------

For this version of the bootstrap updater, the required ROM file is
"Shikakui Atama wo Maruku Suru DS Joushiki Nanmon no Shou":

Common filename: 0583 - Shikakui Atama wo Maruku Suru DS Joushiki Nanmon no Shou (J).nds
MD-5 Checksum: 93A1CA0F8B68A0CAB50286D3EB796ED0
SHA-1 Checksum: 5FA26323DE5194B102358535B9E2B227337CF2FC

my problems lies with the rom required ... anyway to get around this to get the card to work? or do i need to obtain this rom?
i have a dsi 1.4u
Thanks!

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
lol. Come on, Evo.lve. It's his first posting.

@jroxx: When you're not able to get this ROM, why did you buy this card then? Just asking...

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
You can get the complete pre-patched pack here:

http://gbatemp.net/t267303-bootrap-v3-for-...-2-0-total-pack

But Hey! Dude! Just for fun: Google "Shikakui Atama wo Maruku Suru DS Joushiki Nanmon no Shou" and see what happens.

Magic! They have internet in Japan as well! And it's connected to your internet somehow!
blush.gif

jroxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not a fn retard ..and this isnt my first card .. and i did google thats how i found you arseholes! and it is a harder rom to obtain than say a newer rom thats why i posted! i am in in the process and stuck at 50% and have been! and i have tried every outlet i know of so if your going to be phuckin arseholes .. don't reply kids! If any adults have any useful advise im listening ..

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jroxx said:
i'm not a fn retard ..and this isnt my first card .. and i did google thats how i found you arseholes! and it is a harder rom to obtain than say a newer rom thats why i posted! i am in in the process and stuck at 50% and have been! and i have tried every outlet i know of so if your going to be phuckin arseholes .. don't reply kids! If any adults have any useful advise im listening ..
You know, calling us a-holes really doesn't make us WANT to help you. And finding a ROM of any game is extremely easy. When it was released doesn't matter. The whole process of searching and downloading takes about five minutes.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
jroxx said:
i'm not a fn retard

Really? But you know, you're not intelligent enough to get your $20 card to run. Every 8-year-old kid can do that... What a pitty.

I posted a link to a pre-patched bootstrap. Maybe you'd like to click on it? With your left mouse button?

Good luck, dude.
tpi.gif

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know what's a joke? You are. I understand that you may not be the best at these things, but honestly:

- You ask how to do something and lay out the instructions in front of us and ask how to do it, I mean, seriously?
- You say you need to obtain a ROM and ask us how to, that's 1) against the rules, 2) it's quite obvious that you haven't searched for it
- When we give you good responses you brush us off and tell us that we're a joke. Good one.

jroxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read the awners i got .. what would you say .. i registered it was my first post and i got pelted with rocks like the kid thats drools on his self! lol i thought i ask a easy question i guess i shoud of listed all the steps i took piror to the post

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jroxx said:
some of you kids just post to see your own stupid comments huh ... lame! this site is a joke!
The site you just called a joke is one of the most popular DS homebrew forums on the web. If you are too dumb to figure out Google, then the problem is you my friend. And don't call us kids when you probably are in your early 20s at most. I don't see any one older and therefore probably more mature writing with such lack of respect for grammar and not being able to use Google.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's not the point. The point is...

...well, you listed every single step in the flashing process as per EDGE. I don't know about you, but I think following that would be a good idea?

And as Etalon said, he already gave you a link to a pre-patched one.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
jroxx, there's no reason to be angry.

We all helped you, didn't we.

You can get the ROM by simply using Google. You didn't try that. Now you know.

And you got the pre-patched bootstrap.

Now say: "Thank you, GBAtemp, I really love you guys".
closedeyes.gif

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
jroxx said:
read the awners i got .. what would you say .. i registered it was my first post and i got pelted with rocks like the kid thats drools on his self! lol i thought i ask a easy question i guess i shoud of listed all the steps i took piror to the post
You deserved to get boulders throw at you. You posted in the complete wrong section, gave us little details, and made your post barely legible.

And you called us kids...Ha.

jroxx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
etalon .. thankyou for the link but i already downloaded and tried bitonio6's pack and it did not work thats when i registered and posted my ?

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It problably didn't work because he has a DSi XL 1.4. Does iEdge have a way to update itself without the need for a DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol