ROM Hack Idol Days Content Restore Mod

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, got another one for ya. I'm also happy to report that this one is much more streamlined compared to other patches, shoutout to the devs for making this a bit easier on me, doubt they meant it but I appreciated it anyways :wub:

No steam version this time, as it's always censored and therefore inferior to the Mangagamer/Fakku/Denpasoft version of the game (which I think are all identical versions), so I didn't want to invest more time in that as the steam version usually has more problems to solve in order to run for some reason. That said if you'd like to try this with the free steam patch you can give it a go but I'm not supporting it this time around, sorry.

The use of Simple mod manager is highly recommended due to the nature of this mod, as it allows for easy enabling/disabling (get it here). This mod can be installed manually if you know what you're doing, but it's structured to work with the mod manager and latest version of atmosphere.

This mod will enable the R18 content in-game and in the gallery as well as enabling the "Memory" scene viewer. No such files will be provided in this tutorial, only a custom config. No links this time as all the pages are nsfw so just google whichever site you want to buy the game from. This game has an adult warning in the base game already so no kids allowed here, shoo.

How to install the patch

Getting ReadyAdding FilesActivate & Verify

1. Download the attached zip, extract to desktop for now
    2. Download Mangagamer/Fakku/Denpasoft version of the game (uncensored) (Paid)
    3. Locate 'IdolDays.pfs.040' in the pc install directory of the game and copy to desktop.

1. Rename patch from 'IdolDays.pfs.040' to 'root.pfs.040'
    2. Place patch 'root.pfs.040' in 'mods\Idol Days\Restore Mod\contents\01002EC014BCA000\romfs\'
    3. Your romfs folder should look like this
      idol.png
    4. Copy 'mods' folder to root of SD card to use with Simple Mod Manager

1. Use mod manager or the tesla overlay to activate and verify the mod
    2. If you see 'Uncensored Edition' on the Artemis screen and placed the files as instructed, then the mod has installed successfully.
    3. R18 content is now available in story and extra/gallery mode. (if you already finished the game, you'll see the difference in the 'extra' menu)

And boom, done, all scenes tested working. No need to extract anything with this game because the devs did us a solid and didn't have any edited/blanked switch files in the r18 patch, which was the main cause of all the steps needed in the previous games. Hopefully this wasn't a fluke and for any new games they make the patches follow this same structure. I doubt it but if you're reading this qureate, many thanks for the 'Days' series and making your patches so nice to work with, especially this one :yay:

That said, please go buy this switch version of the game to support the devs, even if you need this mod to enable the extra content, we'll only get future switch releases if they sell. (I'm not preaching to or shaming anyone who does the naughty naughty, I'm just saying. If you can only buy one copy, buy the switch one, pretty sure it's cheaper too)

Once again, happy Jilling and Jacking you wonderful people!

Ps. If I messed up the upload or something please do let me know. I'm almost 100% I did it perfect this time, but I've thought that before and well, if you've followed the other mods you'll know how clumsy I can get hehe.

Attachments

• Idol Days Content Restore Mod.zip
    175.5 KB · Views: 262

mc711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you compare the Mangagamer/Fakku/Denpasoft IdolDays.pfs.040 to the one for the steam r18 patch @ https://qureate.net/idoldays/en/patch/ and see if they are the same? if so, people don't need to buy Mangagamer/Fakku/Denpasoft version.

edit: nvm. i looked around and the patch is censored.

Last edited by mc711,

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can't you just watch the CG's online?
I'm sure you could probably find them somewhere if you wanted to, but this is for people who want the full version of the game. I know it might seem odd to some people, but not everyone wants to gasm to the CG's every time.

For me this is about restoring the game and removing the censorship that was imposed on the devs by Nintendo, since I hate video game censorship of any level. (although kudos to nintendo for allow adult games on the switch in the first place, much better than present day Sony on that front)

Reactions: Ninse and JohnMayor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo