Hacking Ideas for some homebrew?

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mariogirotti said:
What about a Wake-On-LAN app for the Wii that is able i.e. to wake your PC hosting all your media files for Mplayer-CE.
I started already a topic for this (see here)

Maybe your're the man for this....
wink.gif
I'll look in to it.
smile.gif

And please people, when I said homebrew I didn't mean "reverse engineering the system menu" I meant homebrew.

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ether2802 said:
Luigi728 said:
A DOS-Emulator
That would be awesome!
It would be great to play Jazz Jackrabbit on my Wii!

there are several DOS emulators, please visit wiibrew.org once in a while and check out the "aplications" section

QUOTEMAME

please visit wiibrew.org once in a while and check out the "aplications" section

Well, give me a link, because I can't find any DOS emulaters, except for one that's in progress but probably abandoned

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lavamasta said:
im thinking maybe a hack that will let u hack in wiiware games... if thats possible... games like bomberman blast would be awesome! and maybe if possible, make a hack to enable more wii disk space, cuz 256mb just isnt enough for me
frown.gif
if not possible, then oh well, i'll live with it

hmm. the wii memory for a start is 512mb. and its not something you can hack to improve, its a hardware... i'm not sure if anyone has tried changing the storage with a higher capacity yet though.

perhaps something like a chip that renders the 512mb memory unreadable and replaces it with the soldered on memory. it could just be like a micro sd card reader so its compact and will fit in there. but i have no idea, i'm no genius with hardware mods lol

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Feb 26 2009, 01:23 PM) Some more ideas:
-DS Download play app
-GBAtemp app with reviews/...
-Friend code manager app
-DVD (movie) loading from disc channel
-Load vc from SD/USB

1. (DS download play app). i thought nintendo was bringing something out that allowed you to hear the sound through your tv for games like elite beat agents or uendai. it wasnt anything visual though. i dont know if thats really possible but then alot of things here were claimed impossible but came through lol.

2. (gbatemp app? with reviews?) dont get that.

3. the friend codes are different for each game and are stored in the save. alot of these saves are rendered un-copyable by the wii so that they cant be edited and hacked although i know there are a few ways around that now. why would you want to manage them? surely it'd be easier to load the game and add a person...

4 (DVD disc channel) nice idea
yaypsp.gif

5 (vc sd loading) isnt Nintendo supposed to be bringing out support for that in the next update?

and my own idea... an app like this:

(thats http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ewMNgiTQ30 if that never worked
smile.gif
)

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
mikeyt1998 said:
i'm not sure if anyone has tried changing the storage with a higher capacity yet though.

perhaps something like a chip that renders the 512mb memory unreadable and replaces it with the soldered on memory. it could just be like a micro sd card reader so its compact and will fit in there. but i have no idea, i'm no genius with hardware mods lol

The Wii isn't coded to read more than 512 mb so there's no point replacing it with a bigger one

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mikeyt1998 said:
1. (DS download play app). i thought nintendo was bringing something out that allowed you to hear the sound through your tv for games like elite beat agents or uendai. it wasnt anything visual though. i dont know if thats really possible but then alot of things here were claimed impossible but came through lol.

2. (gbatemp app? with reviews?) dont get that.

3. the friend codes are different for each game and are stored in the save. alot of these saves are rendered un-copyable by the wii so that they cant be edited and hacked although i know there are a few ways around that now. why would you want to manage them? surely it'd be easier to load the game and add a person...

4 (DVD disc channel) nice idea
yaypsp.gif

5 (vc sd loading) isnt Nintendo supposed to be bringing out support for that in the next update?

and my own idea... an app like this:

(thats http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ewMNgiTQ30 if that never worked
smile.gif
)
Bit more explaned:
1. Channel with DS demos / other stuff to download on your DS
2. Stay in touch with the latest GBAtemp news and read GBAtemp exclusive reviews
3. Easy to view all your friend codes and those of friends
4. Read DVD movies through disc channel, no special app needed to start every time
5. Nintendo doesn't have plans on that Afaik. Saving directly to SD when buying in the shop is what they will release

corrected the vid

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tj_cool said:
Bit more explaned:
1. Channel with DS demos / other stuff to download on your DS
2. Stay in touch with the latest GBAtemp news and read GBAtemp exclusive reviews
3. Easy to view all your friend codes and those of friends
4. Read DVD movies through disc channel, no special app needed to start every time
5. Nintendo doesn't have plans on that Afaik. Saving directly to SD when buying in the shop is what they will release

corrected the vid

ta for the correction
smile.gif

1. the nintendo channel lets you download ds demo's and such, think thats all it you can do though.

2. get ya now on the gbatemp thing.

3. ahh, a handy tool indeed, friend codes would still need to be retrieved from saves though which might be tricky if they are all located in different areas of each unique save.

4. i got number 4 anyways lol

5. what a pointless load of crap. maybe they're worried that someone could easily hack an wad to work like twilight princess save hack did. i mean its completely possible with all the tools out there right? lol

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mikeyt1998 said:
1. the nintendo channel lets you download ds demo's and such, think thats all it you can do though.
Yes, but that channel is related to Nintendo
We could add our own demos or simple ds homebrew, to test it for example

TheEnigmaLiesbro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about a "homebrew browser" styled app that can be customized to load from other websites...

Erh.... don't know how to name it exactly...

For instance, my website wifistadium.com is a nintendo oriented site. We host tournaments, have events, etc; And the homebrew community is decent there.

So what if there was an app kinda like the homebrew browser that was made for wifistadium so that I, as the admin, could update the site side of the homebrew and the users could connect to it with their "wifistaidum channel" and get updated information about coming events, tournaments, leader boards, new homebrew apps, etc; they could download new homebrew from it just like the homebrew browser, but it could be only homebrew that my particular site would want to put on its channel for download.

On the sites side, i could modify it as much as i want, graphically, downloads and info, so when the users log into their channel all the new stuff gets stored on their SD card (just like the HbB).

But make the app customizable with instructions so anyone could do it with their own sites. GBAtemp channel, Wifistadium channel, WADder.net channel etc; etc;

I know its probably not something that would be extremely useful but its still a nice thought. I think the homebrew users on my site would enjoy that.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SoLuckys said:
Windows for Wii
GAH! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO!

Not Windows. Windows sucks. We have Wii Linux. Why is not good enough for you?

Plus, Windows is WAY too heavy for the Wii.

mariogirotti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ddp127 said:
i thought wiicrazy was already making a wake-on-lan app?

He tried but didn't manage to create sockets for a UDP connection... then 3 days no news and only alternatives for web services was given.
So I think stoped trying to get this to work...;(

Anyway.. I gave the link to the initial topic so both can get in contact

blitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wasp_Box said:
I would like a stopwatch type thingy. Can someone let me know if this already exists.

Running hours/minutes/seconds
Running up from zero or down from preset time.
Pause function.
Choice of silent or tick.
Alarm. Set at zero, preset time or at set intervals (eg: every x minutes alarm for y secs)
Attractive large display and intuitive to operate.

If nobody is doing this (david432111?) it would be a nice distraction for me =]

caporale214

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about the ability to use wii speak when you leave the wiispeak channel
(i dont know how this could be done but i think it would interest alot of people)

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dreamcast emulator?

I mean i REALLY wanna play cannon spike. Also you guys may say its impossible for X reasons, but same was said for a backuploader, same was said for the GC back uploader, same was said for loading from the disc channel.

Anyways, if not that, then maybe a skype app? Like the PSP has? All you have to do is use a USB mic and you can call other wii's, friends and family and blah blah blah.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU