Ideal Fan Settings for MSI GS63?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by Steel-Winged_Pegasus, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Steel-Winged_Pegasus
    OP

Steel-Winged_Pegasus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2018
    United States
    Thread says it all, I decided to adjust my fan settings accordingly for when I'm gaming so it'll stay cool, but not too cool so as to not burn out the fans in two months. (EDIT: Forgot that I already put in my devices list in my signature, lel) I have a GTX 1060 GPU and an Intel CPU (8th gen, so said Best Buy) on my rig. What are your usual settings? Here's mine, but I think they're a bit much. Same exact settings for CPU and GPU fans. Might reduce fan levels to 100% and then adjust accordingly. I don't game too often, as I'm in school, a very intensive semester. I already undervolted -110 mV to further reduce heat, no issues so far in general usage.

upload_2018-10-3_12-8-36.

Last edited by Steel-Winged_Pegasus, Oct 3, 2018
  2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    The fans on it are designed to run at 7/12v (think it's 12v).
    Just set the fans to a dynamic range, when the GFX card heats up, the fans spin up.
    If it cools down, the fans turn down.

Otherwise, I'd try to keep the GFX chip under 70c under heavy load.
    It's something I also do on me 360.

3. Steel-Winged_Pegasus
    OP

Steel-Winged_Pegasus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2018
    United States
    Yeah, the whole keep it under a certain temp is what I'm trying to do, the CPU runs at a steady 40 deg C according to Throttlestop. As for setting it to a dynamic range, not sure if I can do that, looks like those specific temps are what Dragon Center wants me to use.