Homebrew [Idea] SNES standalone games...?

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wait so having a superior CPU and NFC inbuilt + exclusive titles makes it inferior tell me more how they are limited vs the old 3ds

i agree
No like hacking wise. N3DS is limited in CFW aspects on what it can do. I feel that the o3ds and the 2ds are much better suited to be hacked. And easier.

Last edited by Luglige,

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would never get a N3DS. Period. There limited to what they can do, and i have a feeling that something big will come out and only be available on a o3ds or 2ds.
I can't think about anything software related that the N3DS can't do and the O3DS can... I can however say many that are the other way around. And for hardware based... Do you mean like new exploits? I'm using a hardmod and A9LHax, so I'm fine.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No like hacking wise. N3DS is limited in CFW aspects on what it can do. I feel that the o3ds and the 2ds are much better suited to be hacked. And easier.
Umm have you been on the scene recently its not been limited on what it can do for a looooooooooong time. The only limit it had was Firm support and that got patched around dec/jan

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
i'm such an elitist running open source operating systems and outdated hardware
We're on a 3DS forum (hardware) and typing on an Android (might as well be opensource).
How ironic.
Anyway, there is only one SNES game on the site and it's EU only. Braindump doesn't even support it so I can't dump it. I'm curious as to why no one's talking about the SNES games.
Not directed to you btw, but
also, n3DS can do exactly everything old (called that for a reason) can, and obviously more. It's a godsend in hacking.
Japanese Smash edition n3DS LL with NA motherboard and a9lh master race, get on my level.

Last edited by Halvorsen,

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
We're on a 3DS forum (hardware) and typing on an Android (might as well be opensource).
How ironic.
Anyway, there is only one SNES game on the site and it's EU only. Braindump doesn't even support it so I can't dump it. I'm curious as to why no one's talking about the SNES games.
Not directed to you btw, but
also, n3DS can do exactly everything old (called that for a reason) can, and obviously more. It's a godsend in hacking.
Japanese Smash edition n3DS LL with NA motherboard and a9lh master race, get on my level.
There's a US working SMW .cia dump, but I couldn't decrypt it either. I'm anxiously waiting for injection.

Reactions: Kioku and CeeDee

NoNoNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how would one rewrite the source code to allow a custom rom path, banner, and icon? I just would like SMW and Earthbound accessible from my home screen xD

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Uhhhhhhhh.... What.. The.. Hell? What did I just read.. How is N3DS limited? It now has everything the O3DS does. What's limited?

The_Jesus_2.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhhhhhhh.... What.. The.. Hell? What did I just read.. How is N3DS limited? It now has everything the O3DS does. What's limited?
I think he's upset that he only has a 2DS so he's making up lies so he can trick himself into thinking it's superior. Hence:

I would never get a N3DS. Period. There limited to what they can do, and i have a feeling that something big will come out and only be available on a o3ds or 2ds.
Not that there's anything wrong with having a 2DS, but to try and say the N3DS is limited compared to it, or that Nintendo would allow O3DS exclusives, is stupid.

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think he's upset that he only has a 2DS so he's making up lies so he can trick himself into thinking it's superior. Hence:

Not that there's anything wrong with having a 2DS, but to try and say the N3DS is limited compared to it, or that Nintendo would allow O3DS exclusives, is stupid.
I don't think he means Nintendo will release anything for just the o3ds but some other party for hax.

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

No not at all, its just that i like CFW's and many more steps are needed to setup a CFW. and i was reading a post about N3DS having many different security checks, making it much harder to hack and downgrade. Sorry if i have hurt anyones feelings or have made anyone mad, the eruption of comments are making me a bit overwhelmed and, were off topic. This is about an idea, not wich system is better. The topic that i brought up was about this comment
Maybe one day I can sell My O3DSXL with all of my pirated (digitally purchased) games and get enough to purchase an N3DS :)
I didn't mean anymore or less, neither am i jealous of any sort.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
No not at all, its just that i like CFW's and many more steps are needed to setup a CFW. and i was reading a post about N3DS having many different security checks, making it much harder to hack and downgrade. Sorry if i have hurt anyones feelings or have made anyone mad, the eruption of comments are making me a bit overwhelmed and, were off topic. This is about an idea, not wich system is better. The topic that i brought up was about this comment

See, but you're wrong. It isn't harder to downgrade, nor is it harder to hack. Don't start spewing random nonsense.

Reactions: KaduPSE and tom2199

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I'm not sure what did you read, but downgrading a N3DS is exactly the same as an O3DS, except you use a different update pack, the steps are the same. CFW is the same. You use the same homebrew tools to do it. Unless you're talking about something I'm not aware of. I mean, if we can go to 2.X to get an OTP on the N3DS I doubt there's something we can't do.

Reactions: Kioku

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all hope is lost if people still care enough to get snes emulation better on o3ds.

While I agree with this at least to an extent, there's a handful of games that are notoriously difficult to emulate (the later megaman x games come to mind, as does super mario rpg). We would need an EXTREMELY skilled person to get those running at reasonably playable speeds on an o3ds.

I'm not sure what did you read, but downgrading a N3DS is exactly the same as an O3DS, except you use a different update pack, the steps are the same. CFW is the same. You use the same homebrew tools to do it. Unless you're talking about something I'm not aware of. I mean, if we can go to 2.X to get an OTP on the N3DS I doubt there's something we can't do.

OTP dumping on an n3ds does have an extra step or two, but it's certainly not much more difficult to get up and running on an n3ds...just takes a little more time (and a little more hard drive space on the pc) to get set up.

Last edited by dubbz82,
Reactions: cvskid

Zabhahs

Goron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I agree with this at least to an extent, there's a handful of games that are notoriously difficult to emulate (the later megaman x games come to mind, as does super mario rpg). We would need an EXTREMELY skilled person to get those running at reasonably playable speeds on an o3ds.

OTP dumping on an n3ds does have an extra step or two, but it's certainly not much more difficult to get up and running on an n3ds...just takes a little more time (and a little more hard drive space on the pc) to get set up.
I doubt its even a matter of skill for those games, id guess its just flat out hardware limits. Just like you cant get xenoblade full speed on o3ds, probably not these games either if the nintendo SNES games wont even run fullspeed on o3ds

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luglige has the most serious case of buyer's remorse I've seen on this forum in a long time.

The n3DS is objectively superior in every way and the only issue it has with difficulty installing CFW is the extra step or two when dumping your OTP.

I've got a 2DS, o3DSXL, and n3DS and they can all do the same thing CFW-wise - n3DS actually has more support now.

Last edited by gameking66,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1