Hacking [IDEA] Playing GH3 with a keyboard

OneGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think some of you guys here know about a game called "Frets on Fire". It's like a generic GH for pc!
on this game, you can play like GH but using a keyboard. If you want more details on the game, google it.

Anyways, I was thinking, what if you could synchronize your bluetooth device to the wii bluetooth connection?
What i'm talking about is, connect the wiimote to the bluetooth device, then the bluetooth device to the wii!
Now you can sort of "fake" whatever you want!
This way you can make the wii think it is connected to a wiimote with a guitar from GH, or a wiimote with a classic controller, or even a wiimote with a nunchuck(not much use in this last one ^^ at least, not that i can see).

If you make the wii think you have a wiimote with a guitar, you just need a software to capture the keyboard and send to the wii the corresponding packets!
The same thing could be done to use different controllers as classic controllers.
You would just need to make the wii think you have a wiimote with a classic controller, and have a software to capture whatever joystick you want and send to the wii the corresponding packets!
A lot of other stuff could be done with that!

I'm just a newbie with programming and i have no idea how the wiimote/wii bluetooth connection works!
This came to my mind, and i thought it would be fun.
what you guys think about this idea?
could this be done?

mthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i suppose this would cater to the crowd who like playing those PC DDR simulators with a keyboard, but in the case of GH3 it would kind of take away from the fun of the game seeing how that good ol' plastic axe is actually FUN to use lol
tongue.gif

interesting concept though you bring up

OneGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
mthegreatone said:
well i suppose this would cater to the crowd who like playing those PC DDR simulators with a keyboard
hmm i forgot about DDR too! lol
it is another use for this =D

QUOTE(mthegreatone @ Mar 12 2008, 12:59 PM) but in the case of GH3 it would kind of take away from the fun of the game seeing how that good ol' plastic axe is actually FUN to use lol
tongue.gif

oh well, i don't think playing with a keyboard takes away the fun
tongue.gif

i actually find it very interesting ^^ you hold the keyboard upside down as if you are holding a guitar, the frets are F1 from F5, strums are ENTER and SHIFT
i think it is harder lol!
but my idea came mainly from the fact that sometimes i wanna play guitar hero with my friends but i only have 1 guitar!
this way i could play on the keyboard, which i'm really used to, and my friends plays on the guitar =)

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This can be easily done. It would be easiest to use "Wiimote" mode as no separate strum is required. All you would need is something to emulate the whammy, which is accomplished by shaking the Wiimote.

There is a third party guitar controller that has built in bluetooth coming to the market soon so no Wiimote will be required.

OneGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well what i actually wanna do is emulate the guitar using the keyboard...
play GH3 using a wiimote you have no strumming, but play frets on fire(or even GH3 for the pc) using a keyboard, you do have strumming...
so that's what i want!

and my biggest problem right now is the price here in brazil... that's why i'm really not thinking about buying a new guitar

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Why not to just play frets on fire, if keyboard is ok for you? You can have all the gh3 songs for it and multiplayer mod etc.
It's a finnish game btw. (random comment)

DaWiis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
Interesting Idea.
But you can't connect the Wii mote to a bluetooth keyboard and then connect it again to the Wii.
I don't even think you can connect anything accessories to the wiimote except things with a cord.

But I guess it's theoretically possible to send your keyboard signals via the PC to the wii using bluetooth and make it think it's connected to a wiimote.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is PM:TTYD
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think I played that one
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (i.e. Nintendos' next first party switch title/remake)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meh, I want metroid 4
    I have a refurbished hard drive like 8TBs just use it for movies and music so if it blows up nothing I can't replace lol
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I mean almost every first party switch title of the past year or two leaked at least a week in advance for a while now haven't they?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not all of them, but yea many.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Metroid prime 4 I wouldn't be surprised if that title will be a SwitchU title (here's hoping Nintendo won't go with such a ridiculous name again)
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Hence me saying almost 🤣
    But for photos and OS and my ROMs not risking it on a refurbished drive lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you checked both the brew and 2u sites?
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    But yes I would welcome MP4 too or even 2+3 remaster/HD to hold us over untill MP4
    +1
    Switch 2 Switched at birth
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    I check brew almost daily (alongside tinfoil sorted on release date) for new games (and cry because of the amount of shovelware and hentai getting released), am unaware of the 2u site
    Super Switch
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    HUB
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    And the switch 3 Router
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (every one of those fitting after network-, and all play part in the OSI networking layer model)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Google switch nsp and you will see,it, that site
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Aww how cool that site is Nintendo switch to me :D
    +1
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (de-URLing the URL 🤣)
    Switch 2 U
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    (or do we call them URIs now?)
  • Quincy @ Quincy: