ROM Hack [idea] dump ticket.db on n3ds without CN.

noctis90210

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It just came into my mind,would it be possible to get the ticket.db on n3ds without cubic ninja by doing this:

The sd card containing the N3ds emunand 9.5 will be inserted to o3ds that can run rxtools.

Boot rxmenu on o3ds console,
dump ticket.db.

Then it will produce ticket.db of o3ds sysnand and n3ds emunand.

Will it be possible?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It just came into my mind,would it be possible to get the ticket.db on n3ds without cubic ninja by doing this:

The sd card containing the N3ds emunand 9.5 will be inserted to o3ds that can run rxtools.

Boot rxmenu on o3ds console,
dump ticket.db.

Then it will produce ticket.db of o3ds sysnand and n3ds emunand.

Will it be possible?
nope......the nand uses console unique encryption

noctis90210

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Asia81 how can i do that on gateway? would it be possible to dump ticket.db using only gateway... or do i need both gateway and CN?
cuz wat youve said is "or" so what comes to my mind is i need only one between GW or CN... thanks :-)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
afaik, the only tool for dumping the ticket.db is decrypt9 (for n3ds's), which afaik only runs via CN....and as GW uses firmlaunch its not possible to use a CN cia to run decrypt9.....unless something has changed since then.....iirc one of the old pasta releases had n3DS support without firmlaunch via MSET.....if so you could probably use that to load up ninjhax via a CN cia

Reactions: noctis90210

noctis90210

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gamequest1, sorry for being a noob, but do you have an idea what exactly is the version of that old pasta relese and any available download link for it? thanks...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
gamequest1, sorry for being a noob, but do you have an idea what exactly is the version of that old pasta relese and any available download link for it? thanks...
im not 100% sure it exists tbh

ok just read over the thread, i dont think they ever actually got n3DS MSET support up and running before taking over from roxas on Rxtools, maybe i have missed something though, but afaik the only nand dumping stuff for the n3DS require CN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse