Hacking [Idea] Dummy CIAs/Ticket Generation

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, during a conversation the other day regarding getting titles installed on emuNAND running on sysNAND, I found out that the reason some GBA titles I had installed to emuNAND wouldn't boot in sysNAND was simply that their tickets weren't present in my sysNAND. The fix was as simple as reinstalling them on sysNAND with BBB - even though it errors out with "software already exists," it creates a ticket, which is what I needed. So, I thought - what if I didn't have the CIAs anymore, or if it was a multi-GB CIA that I don't have room for on my SD card? Is there any way we could generate dummy CIAs with a given Title ID/version/etc. just for the sake of creating tickets? Or even just a program that detects programs that are present but lacking tickets, and creates tickets for them.

Last edited by Jaitsu,
Reactions: MrCheeze

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Oh? Got a link? I found a "3DSInstallTickets" github project, but no binaries - any chance there's a pre-compiled version somewhere?
yeah that is it, and hmm maybe not, search here incase someone built it already though, sometimes people upload it :)
i've never used it myself

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found a compiled version on www.elotrolado.net, BTW. Haven't tested it or anything, but I thought you might like to know.

Thanks, cearp, somehow I missed this tool. I'll try it out when I don't have a friend sitting behind me wondering why I'm on GBAtemp and not paying attention to her. :-)

Jaitsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Annnnnd I found it annnnnd it's a .3dsx/.smdh/.elf. Fffff. I was hoping for a .cia. I've been spending the last few hours being reminded of just how much my knowledge of compilers and whatnot has slipped because I can't even figure out how to finagle VS2015/Eclipse/Dev-C++ to compile this, let alone compile it as a cia

Jaitsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Annnnnd I found it annnnnd it's a .3dsx/.smdh/.elf. Fffff. I was hoping for a .cia. I've been spending the last few hours being reminded of just how much my knowledge of compilers and whatnot has slipped because I can't even figure out how to finagle VS2015/Eclipse/Dev-C++ to compile this, let alone compile it as a cia
Well, I found a cia version of it, but apparently I'm gonna have to figure out how to extract tickets from ticket.db in order to inject them. Is there some kind of tool for extracting tickets from ticket.db? I'm a little afraid of screwing it up i.e. extracting the ticket incorrectly and corrupting my ticket.db by injecting a bad ticket. ...Edit: Oops, double-post. Sorry. Still curious about ticket.db extractors, though (ripping tickets, not getting ticket.db in the first place, that is)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1