Idea : 4.5 nand emulation on sdcard

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by blobox, Oct 20, 2013.

1. blobox
    OP

blobox Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2013
    France
    Auxerre
    since GW team has been able to emulate nand on sdcard and run it on3ds, that means that the inverse is possible right? having 6.x as main firmware and 4.5 as an emulated nand on sdcard.
    now, i know that every 3ds has its own "secret" code. but it is present on the card if each 3ds should compile its own emulated nand.

i don't know if this is possible but can the 3ds partially run it's firmware from both 3ds and sdcard ?let me explain myself :

6.x 3ds ==> sdcard with 4.5 emulated nand

synergy between 3ds and card, run custom 4.5, and gives acces thanks to the genuine 6.x.

i don't even know if what i'm saying is possible, and you guys will probably laugh you arses off by the potential pile of crap i tried to explain, but heck, it's just an idea.

2. sihou1

sihou1 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2011
    United States
    no it doesnt work because the exploit doesnt work on anything over 4.5

TyBlood13 likes this.
  3. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    This isn't possible, in order to run the emulated NAND you need to run custom code, which is only possible on a 3DS firmware 4.1 - 4.5 . If it was possible on 6.x then there would be no need to emulate 4.5

4. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    If we could run CFW from the SD card on 6.1, would there even be any need for the Gateway?

But no, it's not possible. Not now, anyways.

5. tecra_a8

tecra_a8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2009
    Indonesia
    nope, in order to run Gateway exploit (via the DS Profile), 4.5 firmware must be used

6. Chaldron

Chaldron GBATemp's Official Attorney

Mar 29, 2013
    United States
    `Murica
    To get from 4.5--> EMU 6.1 we must be on the hacked 4.5 first. Going from 6.1--->4.5 is not currently possible because 6.1 isn't hacked yet.