ROM Hack ID of save file?

feias

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. 2 months ago my microSD card corrupted. Unfortunately i was playing Chrono Trigger and i was very close to the see ending. With some programs, i found my save file on formatted microSD, but it won't work. But i don't give up, because i remember there was some patching issues on the Chorno Trigger and patches changes ID(am I right?). Save file is only works with game with same ID. If i learn ID of my save file, and change it to ID of my new Chrono Trigger rom i think it can play with my old save.
I can see ID of a rom using cheat code editor(i dont remember its name now), but it doesn't work for save file. If there is anyway to see ID of a save file, please help me.
Even if my save file corrupted and unusable, i will be happy. At least i can start game again. Because possibility of using same save is keeps me from starting game from begining.

I'm member of GBATemp since 2008 but this is my first post. Sorry for my english.

feias

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think(i hope?) there must be something other than name
happy.gif
It is obvious that if i change my "pokemon" save file name to "jump ultimate stars", Jump Ultimate Stars doesn't recognize save file.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The data in the save file, of course. If it doesn't read it as a proper save it can't load it. What it does when this happens depends on how the game was programmed. It might tell you it's corrupt, or it might just ignore it and pretend it never happened and silently overwrite it.

If you're using the right name but it's not recognized, then it's likely corrupt (or you're using the wrong region of the game?)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
feias said:
I think(i hope?) there must be something other than name
happy.gif
Nope. It's 100% filename that matters.
However, these two files would NOT be 'paired':
Chrono Trigger (U).nds
Chrono Trigger (U) .sav (Not the extra space at the end)
They are two different names, Chrono Trigger (U).nds needs Chrono Trigger (U).sav, and Chrono Trigger (U) .sav won't be loaded by anything but Chrono Trigger (U) .nds

QUOTE(feias @ Oct 31 2010, 06:21 PM) It is obvious that if i change my "pokemon" save file name to "jump ultimate stars", Jump Ultimate Stars doesn't recognize save file.
Actually... If you renamed Pokemon Black.sav to Jump Ultimate Stars.sav, yes it would.
However, the Pokemon save data would be gibberish to Jump Ultimate Stars so it would either ignore it or tell you your save is corrupt and start a new one.

If you're 100% sure that the Chrono Trigger save name is a PERFECT match to the Chrono Trigger game name, then make sure that the data you recovered is actually recovered and not corrupted or just a padded file (shows all "00"s in a hex editor).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...