Homebrew RELEASE IconGrabber - Custom game icons & Theme Teaser

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question: is it possible to set the image right after it downloads?

Current flow:
1. Find Image > Download
2. Browse Downloaded Image > Set to Title ID

Suggestion:
1. Find Image > Download & Apply to Title ID

(I'm assuming this could only work if the user searched for an image via "Installed Title ID" so he variable can be stored)

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Question: is it possible to set the image right after it downloads?

Current flow:
1. Find Image > Download
2. Browse Downloaded Image > Set to Title ID

Suggestion:
1. Find Image > Download & Apply to Title ID

(I'm assuming this could only work if the user searched for an image via "Installed Title ID" so he variable can be stored)

Currently not possible but planned for the next release. Im trying to build a gallery from which one will be able to download and install icons in one step. And yeah, your assumption is correct

m3anmug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone share a working sys-tweak for 13? The one i was using crashes Atmosphere unless i remove it.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
little update - my laptop got seized (dont ask why) and all my projects are gone.
the source is still up and i will continue development on it as soon as i get a laptop or pc thats actually capable of more than just opening firefox

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
little update - my laptop got seized (dont ask why) and all my projects are gone.
the source is still up and i will continue development on it as soon as i get a laptop or pc thats actually capable of more than just opening firefox
Damn that sucks butts, hope you're sorted soon.

Reactions: Slluxx

Rodel

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
looking forward to this.. i created my own icon but the size is 256x422
2021112009590000-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Icons were downloaded with a resolution of 600x900. you must have a special theme for it to work. The Theme is in active development and will be shared soon.
Damn, can't wait for that! That makes it easier than ever! Please add an option to have an individual background image though. =)
(don't wanna give up un my Zelda theme image)

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Allrighty, i made some plans and ive done some prep work to get started again.
there some flaws and feature requests with the old homebrew which would require me to switch to the yoga branch of borealis and i have no patience for that. instead of working around the issues in the old homebrew, i will rewrite it from scratch with ImGui.

Here is an early "mockup" i made (its made in paint, nothing fancy - just visual reference for me). Obviously it will be more pretty than the mockup and i'll fill the gaps with some data for the eye. UI is browsable by touch & gamepad, unlike borealis which has no touch support.

After thats done, i will rework the theme (if this crappy laptop doesnt freak out trying to do so). If the hardware works, it should be done relatively quickly.

Unbenannt.jpg

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Allrighty, i made some plans and ive done some prep work to get started again.
there some flaws and feature requests with the old homebrew which would require me to switch to the yoga branch of borealis and i have no patience for that. instead of working around the issues in the old homebrew, i will rewrite it from scratch with ImGui.

Here is an early "mockup" i made (its made in paint, nothing fancy - just visual reference for me). Obviously it will be more pretty than the mockup and i'll fill the gaps with some data for the eye. UI is browsable by touch & gamepad, unlike borealis which has no touch support.

After thats done, i will rework the theme (if this crappy laptop doesnt freak out trying to do so). If the hardware works, it should be done relatively quickly.

View attachment 287167
Very nice! Can't wait for that and your vertical icon theme you teased (hope that's still on your roadmap although u've been seized).
Hopefully you'll get it done for christmas, that would be awesome!

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I manually provide images for steamgriddb?
I guess if not I can put own custom images on SD, correct? Especially when u release your vertical theme.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I manually provide images for steamgriddb?
I guess if not I can put own custom images on SD, correct? Especially when u release your vertical theme.

you can upload your own image to steamgriddb (i am not in charge of that though).
You can also skip iconGrabber completly and just put your own image inside /atmosphere/content/<tid>/icon.jpg
be aware that my homebrew automatically resizes and converts images. the images you provide need to be in spec or they wont be loaded by sys-tweak

Reactions: lordelan

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
"in spec"? Do you mean the resolution? Progressive vs. baseline? Or what do I need to take care of? If you resize them anyway I would only need to take the aspect ratio into account, correct?
no, i resize the ones downloaded with the tool, not icons a user added somewhere themself
it needs to be a 256x256 JPG and cant be larger than 150kb IIRC. sys-tweak probaböy has more info about that (if there even is more info)

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no, i resize the ones downloaded with the tool, not icons a user added somewhere themself
it needs to be a 256x256 JPG and cant be larger than 150kb IIRC. sys-tweak probaböy has more info about that (if there even is more info)
Ah ok thanks. Guess the resolution will be different for your vertical theme so I'll wait until its release.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah ok thanks. Guess the resolution will be different for your vertical theme so I'll wait until its release.
no, thats the resolution **required** to work. My tool downloads images in any aspect ratio and squishes it to 1:1
means if you would download a vertical icon (2:3 works with my theme) and open the file on the pc, it would look distorted. but the vertical icon theme takes this 1:1 image and stretches it back to a 2:3 resolution so it looks normal.

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am using the latest sys-twk downloaded from HERE and renamed to exefs.nsp and put it here - atmosphere\contents\00FF747765616BFF along with the flag and toolbox files and all I get is my unit frozen at the Ninty logo. Does anybody have this working with the latest Atmos?

EDIT*
I found a version that works on latest Atmos 1.2.4
Sys-Tweak

Last edited by Cylent1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good