Hacking IA/VT -colorful- Add new songs + osu converter

MrComputerRevo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
No, I have it installed to app under that path. I've made sure and even tried deleting files that were being overwritten in case they weren't uploading right. Strange that this hasn't happened before...
Strange indeed. Mine PMing me the resource folder you're uploading?

MrComputerRevo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hey everyone! Just made an update to osu! converter and the converting tool. Hopefully all the problem should now be fixed. I am also working on a way to share mods as a sort of ".vpk" file, so stay tuned for that!

laracroftftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
The tool crashes for me when I push the convert button. My Video is 1920X1080p mp4 downloaded from youtube. Could it be the video?

laracroftftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
I downloaded the 64bit version of FFmpeg and x264 earlier on a 32 bit system. Anyways used 32 bit version of apps and it works but I get this error

Converting video....

x264
high profile doesn't support a bit depth of 10

x264 conversion failed!

Conversion Failed!

Guess I will convert the video to some other format before attempting again.

MrComputerRevo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I downloaded the 64bit version of FFmpeg and x264 earlier on a 32 bit system. Anyways used 32 bit version of apps and it works but I get this error

Converting video....

x264
high profile doesn't support a bit depth of 10

x264 conversion failed!

Conversion Failed!

Guess I will convert the video to some other format before attempting again.

laracroftftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
This worked thanks! It kept crashing on custom WAV file. So I just didn't use that option.

I would love it if we could get a timing adjustment setting in the OSU convertor! That would really help.

MrComputerRevo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
This worked thanks! It kept crashing on custom WAV file. So I just didn't use that option.

I would love it if we could get a timing adjustment setting in the OSU convertor! That would really help.
There is kind of, you can set offset as 3rd parameter in seconds and milliseconds (for example 1.564) and it will move all notes forward by that amount. I will try and figure out more stuff about osu beatmaps (I don't completely understand the timings just yet) so I can improve the converter. Also, don't know why it crashes for you on the custom WAVE file, I just checked and there shouldn't be any problems. Perhaps there is a problem with the WAVE file itself. You have to be able to convert it with at9tool by itself in order for it to work. If at9tool can't convert it, there's not much I can do about that.

Last edited by MrComputerRevo,

laracroftftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
That was really helpful! I did not understand about the double hit notes though. Can you elaborate?
Do you by any chance have a text file of the video subtitles? Would be handy to have around.

MrComputerRevo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
That was really helpful! I did not understand about the double hit notes though. Can you elaborate?
Do you by any chance have a text file of the video subtitles? Would be handy to have around.
Basically if you want double hit notes (for example hit circle and right at the same time) you would have to put these two notes with the same tick, duration, time, time_on_key_up but on different tracks (1 and 2 for example). Sure, I will post that text file but a bit later (I'm away from the computer I made it on atm).

laracroftftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
If anyone is interested, I was working on an editor while @MrComputerRevo was making these tools as well. I never completed it, and I'm kinda lacking motivation and time to finish it, but you can play around with it here if you want.

So far it's more of a viewer than an editor though. So far it can only really display the movement of the circle and tracks and points.
What doesn't work:
- Bezier curves
- Notes
- Climax mode stuff
- Other stuff I can't think of now

Online: https://solaris573.github.io/iavt_colorful_editor
Source code: https://github.com/solaris573/iavt_colorful_editor (MUST BE RUN ON A REAL SERVER TO WORK! You can't run this in your browser directly!)

It'll at the very least be helpful for trying to figure out roughly what values to put for the circle positioning and rotation and scaling, and trying to design linear curve paths, and also for moving the track lanes and such.

If anyone is interested in picking up where I left off, please feel free to submit pull requests! I will probably mess around with it some more once I finish some stuff for school. In particular, if someone is good with graphics programming and can figure out the bezier curve (it seems to be quadratic bezier curves) then that'd help out a lot!

This is so amazing. I hope you decide to finish it. Atleast it can be used as a viewer for now.

MrComputerRevo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
As requested, here is the transcript of the "enhancing" tutorial
Hello and welcome to how to "enhance" osu-converted IA/VT beatmaps.
First of all let's see where the files for the beatmap are
Go to resource -> common -> songs
Here are the beatmap files:
_CIR file - Circle Data File
_CRV file - Curve Data File
_MID file - Note Data File
_TRD file - Track Data File

DX is the difficulty, where
X=1 - Easy
X=2 - Normal
X=3 - Hard
Let's take a look at the Circle Data File
In here you have different commands that you can use:
"set" - set the position of the circle
"move" - move the circle to position
"size" - change the size of the circle
The parameters for each command are:
"time" - Time in seconds at which the command is executed
"command" - The command itself
"position" - The position of the circle in [X,Y]. Visible area of the screen is:
X = [-0.475,0.475] Y = [-0.275,0.275]
"angle" - Angle of the circle in degrees. 0.0 is default.
"size" - The size of the circle. 0.07 is "normal" size. 0.38 is "normal" size for colorful mode. Adjust accordingly.
"move" command - Moves the circle to specified position. "time" and "position" parameters work the same as for "set" command.
"lerp" - Specifies the time in seconds it would take to complete the command. Lesser the number - faster the move, etc.
"size" command - Changes the size of the circle. "time" and "size" parameters work the same as for "set" command. "lerp" parameter works the same as for "move" command.
These are the basics of managing the CIR - Circle Data File.
Now let's take a look at the TRD - Track Data File.
In the "header" section, the midiTrack parameter controls the number of tracks available. At least 2 tracks (0 and 1) are required.
"debugSection" is not useful to us and can be omitted.
These 2 lines are always required at the start of the "track" section. Unfortunately it is currently unknown what "fixOn" and "pathTime" commands do exactly.
"track" sets the number of the track to add.
"command" - the command itself.
"curve" - sets the number of the curve to use from the CRV file.
"angle" - sets the angle of the track. 0 is a straight line and track rotates anti-clockwise.
"rotate" command rotates the track.
"track" and "angle" parameters work the same as in the "add" command. "lerp" parameter works the same as in the CIR file.
Now let's see how to engage Colorful mode.
"climaxMode" is the command that engages Colorful mode. At the same time in the CIR file you have to make the circle larger.
Unfortunately it is unknown what exactly "pathTime" does, but official songs seem to decrease "param1" value for the Colorful mode.
"scale" command scales the track. "param1" parameter is the scale factor. "lerp" parameter works the same as in the CIR file.
"del" command deletes the track from the screen. It is a good idea to create a new track for Colorful mode. That's why we delete previous tracks here.
"hidePath" command hides the track path, "param1" parameter works the same as "lerp" parameter in other commands.
"normalMode" turns off the Colorful mode. Once again, it is a good idea to delete the track and create a new one. Also set the "pathTime" back to what it was.
Now let's take a look at the CRV - Curve Data File.
In the "header" section the "nodeCount" parameter is the number of points that make up the curve.
"length" parameter sets the length of the track. 1.0 makes the track the width of the screen. 1.2 is "default" value.
It is not entirely known what lineDevideCount is but it changes the "blockyness" of the Bezier curves. 100 is the default value and shouldn't really be changed.
nodeSpringRatio and nodeDamperRatio don't seem to change anything visible, and shouldn't be changed from the default values.
"curve" section contains curve sections with number of "nodes" in them that corresponds to nodeCount. Numbering starts from 0. This is what is used in the "curve" paramter of the tracks.
"angle" parameter controls the angle of the "node". "isBezier" controls if the "node" will be treated as Bezier (smooth curve). If omitted, defaulted to true.
Now let's take a look at the MID - Note Data File. It is usually formatted as a single line. You can use a JSON formatter online to make it more readable.
MID file contains a "textMeta" sections that contains all the beats of the song. It is always track 0. It is generated by the converter even in the dummy file, so you don't have to worry about it.
The "note" section actually contains all the beatmap data of the song. The "event" paramter is always "note".
"data0" parameter sets the button to press.
60 - circle 72 - right
62 - cross 74 - down
64 - triangle 76 - up
65 - square 77 - left
67 - colorful note
"data1" is always 80 for regular notes. For multiple press colorful notes data1 starts at 127. Add 1 for each press, e.g. 129 = 3 presses.
For "duration", 120 is 1/4 note. Anything more than 120 will show up as a long press note.
"text" paramter is always empty for notes. "tick" is the start tick of a note. It is calculated via formula: round(noteStartTime/(60/BPM))*480.
"time" is the start time of the note.
"time_on_key_up" is calculated via formula:
noteEndTime = noteStartTime + (duration/120)*((60/BPM)/4).
"track" sets the track of the note. This corresponds to the track in the TRD file. This is how you can divide notes into different tracks and make double press notes.
And that's pretty much it for these files! Hopefully it wasn't too complicated, but I definetely don't recommend creating notes by hand :(
Defintely check out Nagato's tool for viewing the curves. It really helps when you're creating curves and tracks for the beatmap. (link in the description)
One last thing, one file that the converter doesn't create is the lyrics file. It is a .csv file that you can open with Excel (just take one from official song and edit it).
Second column is start minutes for the line, third column is start seconds for the line, fourth column is start milliseconds for the line.
Sixth column is end minutes for the line, seventh column is end seconds for the line,
eighth column is end milliseconds for the line and ninth column is the lyric line itself.
And that's it for this tutorial!

laracroftftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
Thanks Man. I am working on See the Lights right now. That track was the reason I was interested in this game but sadly they had to cut it.

Still one of my favorite Vita Games.

carb0n0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a few questions:
-How long does the .WAV file need to be? 10 seconds?
-does the .png file need to be save in 24bit?
-How do i go about setting the path to at9tool and Scaleform video encoder?
-Is there a way to maually create "clean" songs in the /app folder?

Last edited by carb0n0x,

MrComputerRevo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I've got a few questions:
-How long does the .WAV file need to be? 10 seconds?
-does the .png file need to be save in 24bit?
-How do i go about setting the path to at9tool and Scaleform video encoder?
-Is there a way to maually create "clean" songs in the /app folder?
1. .WAV file for the preview can be as long as you want really.
2. .png can be saved in any format
3. Not entirely sure what you mean here. The app requires you to set the path to those 2 .exe's at the first start up.
4. Again, not sure what you mean here, but sure?

carb0n0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3.What i mean is that it says "please set the path to at9tool and Scaleform Video Converter" then 5 seconds later "You must select a9tool.exe!"
How do i specify the filepath for these two programs on "IAVT_Mod_Tool.exe"? Do i need to type it down in the .config file?
4.About this i meant if it's possible to just manually create the songs folders and move the .usm files around with Vitashell instead of using FTP since my router sucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!