i would like your opinion about this shop for ps3 3.55

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Mira, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Mira
    OP

Mira GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Italy
    in a shop close to me the clerk told me he can find me a fw 3.55 ps3 if i order....i got suspicius seen how hard it is nowadays to find them....
    i'm wondering now...are there any fake/clone ps3 going around or there are some other kind of camouflage/trap in there?
    your opinion...

2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Brand new unit? Would be really unlikely. Finding factory with 3.55 OFW or lower on it is rare, however many of the early models can be flashed down to 3.55 with a flasher. Finding a used one might be more likely, but chances are if it is lower, it was on CFW at some point.

Boot it up and find out what FW it is currently running. Easiest way. If they're not willing to show you it's on the right FW, then just stay away. Never put money down on something you can't physically verify yourself.

3. Mira
    OP

Mira GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Italy
    so he's gonna camouflage a used one as a brand new?that's one of the most probable trick
    anyway aside from that (which may not even be that bad) i don't need to worry about a ps3 clone or such?

4. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    no need to worry about a ps3 clone :)
    and... if he thinks he can sell you a used console when it is used... then he thinks you are stupid, and he is stupid himself, i doubt that is true.
    maybe he really can get you a new ps3 on 3.55 etc, but, i would just buy one from ebay :)