Hacking I would assume so

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking about going from the free KOSMOS I use to SX OX

if I understand right I can hook a USB hard drve to my dock... correct ? the switch is mostly used docked anyway with a 256GB SD in the system.

Kinda the only reason I want SXOS.

Also should be no reason my NS-Atmos injector would not work right ? I asked a certain online seller this and hey had no damn clue LOL

Last edited by Undwiz,

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should be able to install from a USB HDD, but I never tried it. No XCI support, and your NS-Atmos should work with the correct payload.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup im using my 8TB external for hacked switch which I also use to for my K-Exploited PS4
Despite the hate against sxos it does grant us a bigger library of games at home.

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup im using my 8TB external for hacked switch which I also use to for my K-Exploited PS4
Despite the hate against sxos it does grant us a bigger library of games at home.

So I can with SXOS run games from a ext.HDD ? thats the only reason I would spend $30 for a license---------- Run not just install

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can with SXOS run games from a ext.HDD ? thats the only reason I would spend $30 for a license---------- Run not just install
Yes but only XCI games. So if you have/download any NSP game you'll need to get into a habit converting them to XCI with NSCBuilder.

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but only XCI games. So if you have/download any NSP game you'll need to get into a habit converting them to XCI with NSCBuilder.

Ohh ok cool , so other wise install the NSP , load the XCI......... Do the XCI games show up on the horizon menu or would I have to go to another menu ?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohh ok cool , so other wise install the NSP , load the XCI......... Do the XCI games show up on the horizon menu or would I have to go to another menu ?
You'll have to use the sxos loader menu to use your xci games or its built in ftp/cheats. xci's are treated like game carts they will show on horizon & game album, but you need to go through the sxos loader to launch them. Thats probably the biggest con with the sxos b/c the bigger your game collection the longer the scrolling it takes to get to the said game lol. The games on the SD card are loaded last. https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsc_bui...lder-game-updates-dlc-in-a-single-xci.522486/

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and also thank you for your time ... SXOS is not a thing I really no much about --- other then I think I want it as long as XCI loading shows up in normal horizon lost of games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You'll have to use the sxos loader menu to use your xci games or its built in ftp/cheats. xci's are treated like game carts they will show on horizon & game album, but you need to go through the sxos loader to launch them. Thats probably the biggest con with the sxos b/c the bigger your game collection the longer the scrolling it takes to get to the said game lol. The games on the SD card are loaded last. https://gbatemp.net/threads/nsc_bui...lder-game-updates-dlc-in-a-single-xci.522486/

Ummm dang I was hoping they was treated like installing games via tinfoil and what not ------ thank you for your time

My kids use the switch most- to many extra steps for my little dummys LOL

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can install xci's but not on an external hdd, which you are pretty much better off just using nsp's at that point. But yeah xci's can be mounted on external hdds

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I think I got ya --- I wish they would give ya like a one week trial ... but atlast a free man I be and long live KOSMOS --- yeah I know its Atmos but I like it more

thanks for youre time

you saved me from spending $30 thanks

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I think I got ya --- I wish they would give ya like a one week trial ... but atlast a free man I be and long live KOSMOS --- yeah I know its Atmos but I like it more

thanks for youre time

you saved me from spending $30 thanks
No problem external hdd loading is what opensource users want, but b/c it requires illegal dealings to function it may never get touched on.

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I could just put XCI files on a external and load them like how it was back on the Wii

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I could just put XCI files on a external and load them like how it was back on the Wii
Thats exactly what I mentioned. You'll only need to convert nsp's to xci if the game was only released digitally [Eshop]. Put the xci's on the ex hdd like you would on an SD card and just load them up through the sxos album loader its not complicated at all. The sxos was designed to be simple to use

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to insert them like a game cart from the SX OS album.

OK so like how I go to Album to get HBC, I would be greated with XCI games and I choose what I want to play ?

fuck guess I just spend the cash and see---- wish it had a free trail LOL I like Kosmos tho --- just want more

Last edited by Undwiz,

Undwiz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can stilll load NSP games from horizon also right ?

Ok I guess I am after using Kosmos for some time going to switch to SXOS for that one reason ..... sounds like its worth the $30

thanks for helping me get a understanding on how it works guys

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.