I was called "girly"...

logical thinker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't really love the letters "i" and "j".

However, what I don't like is simply writing a "dot" on them. Instead I draw a circle on them.

lx5mC.png

Whats more is I sometimes am a drama llama. ;_; Bawwww...

Am I really all that girly? How do you "draw" the "dots" on i and j?

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I...uh...dot them. I've seen girls usually put hearts or big circles over them, but even a girl doing it is rare to see. Usually they just write extremely neat, which is the biggest difference I see if you compare writing between male and female. There are exceptions though (guy writes neat, girl writes horrendous).

Honestly, I wouldn't pay much attention the the letters. I have very sloppy writing when I'm writing something I don't care for. I mean honestly, who cares how you write? Those people are looking too deeply into things.

If you want to change the way you dot them, for whatever reason, just put a dark dot from now on.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow, i thought i was the only one who drew circles on i's and j's. and what's even more amazing is that i drew giraffe's on my i's in one exam i did back in tenth grade (inspired by this funny picture i saw). i always get called girly for it as well. what i also do is write my a's like they are written on a computer, unlike the standard a shape.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand. Just putting a dot is so much quicker than drawing a circle... But those people are retarded, just drawing a circle instead of putting a dot is girly? Where the fuck did they get that idea from?
My handwriting can be really neat at times, but when it's sloppy the dots most of the time become short lines.
ninja.gif

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I write in a crazy print/cursive bastard child mix incredibly fast and instead of erasing mistakes I write back over them. This wards off potential copiers and makes it 68% less likely that teachers will actually read my papers.

I do on the other hand, take the time to make a dot on my i's and j's... like a man.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I write in the weirdest way ever (Not like messy handwriting, but how I write each letter, and how I do each "step" backwards I guess), but that seriously is kind of girly. Now, if it was for a drawing or something, I could see that being normal to people, but with everyday writing, it's not as normal. I don't mean to be offensive in any way, just so you know...

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nutella5600 said:
wow, i thought i was the only one who drew circles on i's and j's. and what's even more amazing is that i drew giraffe's on my i's in one exam i did back in tenth grade (inspired by this funny picture i saw). i always get called girly for it as well. what i also do is write my a's like they are written on a computer, unlike the standard a shape.
I do the same! Circled i's and computer-style a's!

Alex666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dots all the way!!!
biggrin.gif

But making circles doesnt make you girly
wink.gif
although i mostly see girls doing this. But giving his own writings a personal touch - as a male - is a good thing i guess
wink.gif

so you should be perfectly fine
biggrin.gif

logical thinker

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uncle FEFL, don't take it 100% seriously. It was just a comment and I was trying to write the topic in a funny way.
yay.gif

I don't plan to change how I dot them.

To PettingZoo, mercluke: >:(

To nutella5600, Thoob, C175R: BROFIST!

To Apex, alphajaehoon:
nyanya.gif

To Raika: it was an "OCD" thing. Sometimes the dot was too small or weak, then I ALWAYS "felt the need" to reinforce it, so I started drawing circles.
tongue.gif
They say it is girly because people who do that are mostly girls.

To myuusmeow:
laugh.gif
to the video.

To TDWP FTW: it is OK.

To Infinite Zero, Alex666:
yay.gif

To 8BitWalugi: mine is manly, isn't it?
smileipb2.png

Mods needed no to delete Njrg's post. I won't be offended.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Psionic Roshambo only if you're electroboom