Hacking i WANT to update but...

aljabiraa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to update to 3.4 (i'm in PAL) for its new features, primarily faster SD speeds and the use of the nintendo channel again, but i want to carry on using the backup loader and HBC. Has somebody managed to find a way to implement these features without updating, or will i have to uninstall twilight hack, install the new one and carry on again?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres a lot of people who feel like the "faster sd speeds" etc. make 3.4 worth it.

...a question for you...

ever installed a wad? most take like 30 seconds TOPS.

why? because the speeds SHOULD HAVE ALWAYS been quicker.

aljabiraa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've downladed the shop channel update, but as i've said before, i'm more interested in regaining use of the nintendo channel

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aljabiraa said:
i've downladed the shop channel update, but as i've said before, i'm more interested in regaining use of the nintendo channel

It's the nature of the beast. Sometimes you have to give up conveniences to work with homebrew. I'm forseeing a lot of me buying games, ripping them and manually installing IOS's in the future as long as I plan on keeping homebrew on my Wii as well.

I'd say be patient or quite possibly end up putting your wii into a situation you could easily brick it trying to recover from, by being impatient and wanting to use the nintendo channel now.

Those are pretty much your only choices. Nintendo channel really isn't all it's cracked up to be, really. Nothing online with Nintendo really is shy the few third party games and first party exclusives that actually utilize it.

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess.... but then again, I run a lot more on my wii than would warrant me blocking out for DS demos. Rather run full apps than restricted demos.

I deleted that channel the second it said it would send console information to Nintendo.

Not my thing, they can pay to do their own market research. Their online network sucks, They can kindly stay out of mine. They were no help years ago when 2 third party gamecube discs flaked on me and they had no recovery/backup policy in effect so I got screwed, therefore I disallow them access to a machine I now have configured with software to assure that does not happen again.

Publishers like to remind you a lot that you didn't purchase the game, but a license to play the game, but are very slow to help and quick to change the rules to benefit them, otherwise there would be a discount disc replacement service for the unfortunate.

Obviously this is a lot more than you asked for, but think about what you install on your Wii. A few demos to me are worth a hell of a lot less than the opportunity to play backups of my games while the originals sit safely on the bookshelf as images, saved to an archival drive in case a re-burn is required.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I first installed the HBC I wanted to keep the nintendo channel but then I checked what it was actually providing to me:

Occasional demo of a DS game
Occasional exclusive video for a game

I looked at what it was offering and noticed the nintendo channel wasn't updating much at all after browsing through all I saw was wii fit commercials or smash bros brawl for casual videos (i.e press direction + A for SMASH ATTACK WOOOOOOO).

I also thought twice over the DS demos, I though why should I be letting nintendo know I'm using HBC and its comrades, so I stopped and lost the demos then I noticed the nintendo channel was occupying something crazy like 200 blocks. That was it, it was gone faster than anything after that.

Then again I live in the UK (which nintendo morbidly hates along with europe) so their slow updates is probably no surprise.

The only reason I can think of the nintendo channel be useful AT ALL, is if:
a)You are a casual gamer and don't know how to use the internet to find the most basic of sites like gamefaqs, gametrailers or even here.
b)Like having nintendo have a direct feed into your life shovelling adverts in your face

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
So since you have homebrew on your Wii....whats stopping you from getting Homebrew on your DS? (R4)

Current financial situations
smile.gif
Last DS game I got I traded in two crappy wii games I was done with that were gifts and have still been playing it (drawn to life)

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nintendo channel is shiznit, just check gbatemp! if your on nintendo channel just for the use of getting information on games thewy will odviously tell all the good things and if ur in it for the demos, JUST PIRATE THE THING AND USE AN EMULATOR!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far