Hacking I Want to hack my PS3 but need help

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I'm new to the PS3 hacking scene and was wandering if anyone could help me hack my PS3 its on official firmware
3.41 or 3.42 (i have to check). I'm completely confused about what to do so please someone help me. Really need a tutorial please.

thanks appreciate the help.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Do you have a Jailbreak device? If so, use the Jailbreak on 3.41. If not, you can either upgrade to 3.55 OFW then flash to Geohots 3.55 CFW, although you can't run alot of backups on it yet. Or you can wait for something more stable.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't have a jailbreak device but i am strongly considering the possibility of purchasing one (would anyone recommend purchasing one and if so is there a particular one i should purchase?)

But what method of hacking do you recommend?
should buy a jailbreak device and then hack or should i flash Geohot's CFW?
Or maybe i should consider the possibility of something stable.

But if i do go for a jailbreak devive i will need a tutorial please as i'm a complete novie when it comes to hacking the PS3.

Thanks for the help really appreciate this guys
You guys are the best
blush.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Before buying a jailbreak device, you should probably check for anything that may be compatible that you already have. Perfect example: smartphones. My HTC Dream (T-mobile G1) is currently set up as a jailbreak device, although I haven't used it yet (no games I want to play that I don't already have).

Currently jailbreaking has a much higher compatibility rate than CFW, but it's only a matter of time until compatability for CFW rises. Since it's free, and development on it is going so rapidly, I think it's a better method than jailbreaking. It also only requires a USB stick to work, rather than a jailbreak device for every time you turn it on.

Rydian's FAQ provides more information on jailbreaking. As for CFW, there's no best place for info right now - lots of work all over the place makes it hard to keep track sometimes.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the help appreciate it............looks like ill be buying myself a jailbreak device
I have been considering my options and after the advice you have given me looks like ill go with jailbreaking.
Also they may sound really retarded but could you tell how to get Rydians FAQ on jailbreaking........sorry for the noobiness.

Thanks

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Just a question, because it's related, and really doesn't deserve a new topic. For full functionality, can you just install Geohot's CFW, or do you need to do something silly like install Kakaroto's CFW and then Geohot's on top of that?

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:
Just a question, because it's related, and really doesn't deserve a new topic. For full functionality, can you just install Geohot's CFW, or do you need to do something silly like install Kakaroto's CFW and then Geohot's on top of that?
What do you mean "full functionality"? If you just want to get to the Geohot CFW then go to it straight from the 3.55 OFW. There is no fully functioning backup manager on 3.55 yet.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Turns out i opted for CFW rather than jailbreaking (couldn't be bothered with ordering a jailbreak device online)

I'm using kmeaw's 3.55 CFW and Gaia manger for backing up games.......tried mass effect 2 out and that seems to being working ok except for some problems with sound quality but Dead rising 2 and Assasin's creed working brilliantly
grog.gif

Ooh and can someone please tell me if enslayved oddesy to the west is working on kmeaw's CFW (I can't because my PC already downloading shit loads of stuff plus I don't have the time to do it today).......thanks guys
wink.gif

Sotoro

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tehnoobshow said:
Ooh and can someone please tell me if enslayved oddesy to the west is working on kmeaw's CFW (I can't because my PC already downloading shit loads of stuff plus I don't have the time to do it today).......thanks guys
wink.gif

100% working with multiman here.

tehnoobshow

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sotoro said:
tehnoobshow said:
wink.gif

100% working with multiman here.
Thanks man you rule.......will try it out soon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc