Hacking I want a supercard?

inovermyheadd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, my name is Don and I am new.

I have a DS lite that I bought new and don't want to mess up...so I don't want to flash my DS.

I do, however, want to buy a flash cart, and have been lead to supercard by a combination of support and price.

I am toying with the idea with getting the Supercard DS, but there are a couple of questions I have.

1. When the ad says "plays clean roms," do the roms that are downloadable on g-masters or a similar site count? I have a lot of games but if I could get them from that website instead of having to "rip" them, that would be nice.

2. Is the supercard DS going to be able to play movies? I'm not totally computer literate and don't understand the file format acronyms.

3. Should I even get a supercard DS as opposed to a SC rumble? I am not so interested in the lite b/c I don't want to play GBA games.

4. Is there anything else I should think about?

I am just so confused honestly, so many options!

I appreciate any help and look forward to some good times on the forum.

Thanks!

Don

tehcamel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. clean roms means that you do not have to patch your roms before loading them onto your microsd. the patching software is usually bundled with the firmware and is very simple to use. with the ds one you dont have to patch roms unless you want extra features like trim rom (it cuts the raw data at the end of the rom to free up space) or reset (push a combination of buttons to go back to the supercard menu.

2. theres a media app called moonshell that plays mp3s and videos. with videos you have to convert them to the proper format however with the moonshell 1.5 software the video conversion is an easy drag and drop the movie on top of the moonshell software. for the ds one moonshell is built into the os.

3 i would go with the ds one for the fact that it has a built in superkey/nopass device and the new pretty gui with moonshell. allthough it is a new flashcart and there has not been a review yet supercard has been around for awhile and are good when it comes to support. if there's any issues with their new card firmware updates come rolling along.
with the supercard rumble you have the boring yet very efficient gui and u have to build moonshell on ur pc before throwing it onto ur microsd. you would also have to buy a nopass/superkey device making the supercard rumble/superkey combo slightly more than getting a supercard ds one.

4 supercard ds one goes on sale tomorrow at http://www.realhotstuff.com/ (usa vendor) for $50 dollars. they have the supercard rumble+superkey for $56. if you live in a different country check out the vendors section for they are usually cheaper across seas. ohh ya and supercard rox.

i wouldn't download from g-masters, their site contains spyware. torrents or mirc is the way to go.

inovermyheadd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. clean roms means that you do not have to patch your roms before loading them onto your microsd. the patching software is usually bundled with the firmware and is very simple to use. with the ds one you dont have to patch roms unless you want extra features like trim rom (it cuts the raw data at the end of the rom to free up space) or reset (push a combination of buttons to go back to the supercard menu.

2. theres a media app called moonshell that plays mp3s and videos. with videos you have to convert them to the proper format however with the moonshell 1.5 software the video conversion is an easy drag and drop the movie on top of the moonshell software. for the ds one moonshell is built into the os.

3 i would go with the ds one for the fact that it has a built in superkey/nopass device and the new pretty gui with moonshell. allthough it is a new flashcart and there has not been a review yet supercard has been around for awhile and are good when it comes to support. if there's any issues with their new card firmware updates come rolling along.Â
with the supercard rumble you have the boring yet very efficient gui and u have to build moonshell on ur pc before throwing it onto ur microsd. you would also have to buy a nopass/superkey device making the supercard rumble/superkey combo slightly more than getting a supercard ds one.

4 supercard ds one goes on sale tomorrow at http://www.realhotstuff.com/ (usa vendor) for $50 dollars. they have the supercard rumble+superkey for $56. if you live in a different country check out the vendors section for they are usually cheaper across seas. ohh ya and supercard rox.

i wouldn't download from g-masters, their site contains spyware. torrents or mirc is the way to go.

So no g-masters? I've heard of the possibility of bricking your DS with bad roms. What roms should I look out for? Are the g-master's roms safe, aside from spyware?

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pssst, you might wanna edit that part out about G's website. It's not cool to talk about rom sites.

But yes, that site is perfectly fine and won't have bad roms.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only idiots download roms via http. Ever heard of torrents?

Anyway, SCDS sucks badly. It's nothing compared to almighty DS-X. I'm not sure about M3 Simply, R4 and EZV though.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only idiots download roms via http. Ever heard of torrents?

Anyway, SCDS sucks badly. It's nothing compared to almighty DS-X. I'm not sure about M3 Simply, R4 and EZV though.
the ALMIGHTY DSX costs like a *****
and you cant upgrade your memory.
so if you are asking a question about movies, you cant put movies in there.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Removable media causes slowdowns. And I want a cart for games, not movies. I can easily have 10 games or so on my DS-X. And I rarely play more than 2-3 games at once. DS-X is the best Slot 1 solution to date, compatibility and lack of slowdowns FTW.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I do have a DS-X because I won one. I would never have bought one though, too expensive. It is a good card though.
Another reason why I would never have bought it is that I'm the type of guy who buys several 1Gb MicroSD cards at a time. I like to have a lot of games...

- Sam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)