Homebrew I updated sysnand to 10.5(N3DS)...

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes, I updated sysnand to 10.5. I am not brain dead, just a horrible mistake. Is there a way to downgrade to a lower version with sysupdater without hardmodding? I mean, I have my nand backup, but I've had my N3DS for just a month and I am afraid to proceed.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can only do a hardware mod. You need to open your N3DS and solder, though. After that, you can try to downgrade to 10.2 and then use Sysupdater from there.

No software-only solution right now.

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nopes, memchunkhax2 was patched on 10.4. You can hardmod and restore your backup, you can hardmod and go back to 10.3 using a recently released tool, you can hardmod and wait for arm9launcher or you can wait for a new kernel exploit to be made public.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would it be wise to wait? Does anyone know when downgrading from 10.5 will be made possible without hardmodding?
That's like when everyone was waiting for a 9.2+ exploit for kernel or for downgrading since more than a year ago. You don't know if any new exploit will be found nor when. It just happens after months, or years, of searching.

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Would it be wise to wait? Does anyone know when downgrading from 10.5 will be made possible without hardmodding?
No one knows, no one can know. The last time a kernel exploit was patched it took a year until another one dropped. There are some private exploits, but they probably aren't going to be released. Arm9launcher looks very promising, but apparently it also needs hardmod. If you can hardmod, go for it, if you can't... Just live with *hax.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're uncomfortable about having your N3DS hardmodded, I'd recommend hiring someone who's well practiced at this kind of hardmodding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry +2