I updated sysnand to 10.5(N3DS)...

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Elysium420, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Elysium420
    OP

Elysium420 Shitposting bastard

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    Yes, I updated sysnand to 10.5. I am not brain dead, just a horrible mistake. Is there a way to downgrade to a lower version with sysupdater without hardmodding? I mean, I have my nand backup, but I've had my N3DS for just a month and I am afraid to proceed.

2. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    You can only do a hardware mod. You need to open your N3DS and solder, though. After that, you can try to downgrade to 10.2 and then use Sysupdater from there.

No software-only solution right now.

3. KaduPSE

KaduPSE Revolution and cake

Dec 26, 2015
    Brazil
    Nopes, memchunkhax2 was patched on 10.4. You can hardmod and restore your backup, you can hardmod and go back to 10.3 using a recently released tool, you can hardmod and wait for arm9launcher or you can wait for a new kernel exploit to be made public.

4. Elysium420
    OP

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    Would it be wise to wait? Does anyone know when downgrading from 10.5 will be made possible without hardmodding?

5. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    That's like when everyone was waiting for a 9.2+ exploit for kernel or for downgrading since more than a year ago. You don't know if any new exploit will be found nor when. It just happens after months, or years, of searching.

6. KaduPSE

KaduPSE Revolution and cake

Dec 26, 2015
    Brazil
    No one knows, no one can know. The last time a kernel exploit was patched it took a year until another one dropped. There are some private exploits, but they probably aren't going to be released. Arm9launcher looks very promising, but apparently it also needs hardmod. If you can hardmod, go for it, if you can't... Just live with *hax.

7. bowser

bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

Sep 1, 2008
    India
    GBAtemp ↑↑↓↓← → ← →BA
    Probably after the next hacker conference.

8. Elysium420
    OP

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    If any of you guys have a link for a good hardmodding guide, I would be grateful. I am still not sure about doing this though.

9. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    If you're uncomfortable about having your N3DS hardmodded, I'd recommend hiring someone who's well practiced at this kind of hardmodding.

10. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    I wouldnt expect a kexploit for way over a year

11. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    With the NX on the way, it would be likely that sensible hackers will wait until the 3DS is no longer receiving any updates to use up a kernel exploit.