I think my mum made a hash of her wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WeeBabyDoll, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    The Wii is probably too new to use bootmii@boot2, so youll have to stick with bootmii as IOS

2. WeeBabyDoll
    OP

WeeBabyDoll GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    Scotland
    It's actually well over 2 years old if that helps

3. smuddge

smuddge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2009
    United States
    there is no pot on a wii laser to adjust

4. person66

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Jun 16, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    If the Hackmii installer said that bootmii as boot2 can be installed (in green text) then your Wii is old enough, and you should be able to install it. If it said it can't be installed (in red text) then your Wii is too new, and you won't be able to install it.

It really does sound like your laser is broken. You can try cleaning the lens, but I doubt it will do anything. If you want to try USB loading that will work fine, but you won be able to rip your legit games to the USB drive due to the problem with reading them. You can use another Wii, or get the games by, uhhh, 'other means'. Also, just to make sure, apps like Neogamma also have the same problem when you try to load the discs, right?

If your laser is broken, it would probably be easiest just to replace the disc drive. There are plenty of tutorials on how to do this. If you are feeling a bit more adventurous, you could try replacing the laser itself.

5. berlinka

berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Jul 31, 2003
    Netherlands
    Harderwijk, Netherlands
    Am I the first who thought, from looking at the first words of this topic on the homepage, that your mum had been rolling a joint?

6. WeeBabyDoll
    OP

WeeBabyDoll GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2010
    Scotland
    No but I might have been before modding the wii ;)
    Lol anyway, mum is thinking of just buying a new wii box, the laser stuff sounded like too much work for her. :)