I think it's dead, Jim.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Brent Yazel, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Brent Yazel
    OP

Brent Yazel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    I soft modded my wii probably 5+ years ago. I have a nand backup from then and I remember installing both Priiloader and bootmii. I had all of my disks copied to an external hard drive and was playing them off there. Everything has worked fine all this time, until now.
    Here's what I did. I installed Dop-Mii because I read I needed to update some IOS for a wad I wanted to install. Anyway, I must have clicked the wrong things because now my Wii will not boot. I've tried disconnecting all the USB devices, I turn the power on and the blue light comes on and then nothing. I can't even get into Priiloader for some reason. It used to work no problem. Holding reset while turning it on just gives the same result. I can turn it on with the wii remote, but with the same results.
    So basically, no matter what I do I just end up with a black screen. I can't get into Priiloader. Am I totally screwed here?

2. mike333

mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    Poland
    looks like IOS required by SM was nuked/stubbed
    do you have bootmii@boot2?

3. Brent Yazel
    OP

Brent Yazel Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2014
    United States
    I don't know. I don't remember how all of this modding worked. I just followed a step-by-step guide years ago to get it working. Is there a way to find out?

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Download the bootmii SD files and put them onto your SD card. If you have bootmii installed as boot2 on your Wii, it should launch the bootmii files on your SD card when you first turn it on.

You can find the bootmii SD files using ModMii. The folder contains armboot.bin and ppcboot.elf.

5. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    If bootmii is not installed as boot2, SaveMiiFrii can help you out. Do you have a gamecube controller you're willing to take apart?